Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Creative Arts and Support Pastor
Creative Arts and Support Pastor
Toronto, Ontario , M8V 0C5
Church in the City is an urban church with a vibrant community that’s multicultural and multigenerational in downtown Toronto with a vision to, Make Christ known in the St. Lawrence & the surrounding neighborhoods.
This position will support the lead pastor and overall ministry of Church in the City campuses in the St. Lawrence and our new Canary satellite. In order of importance, the successful candidate will be responsible to:
- lead worship, build and mentor worship teams at both campuses;
- be a part of the teaching teams for both campuses;
- develop our A/V ministry team;
- coordinate our Life Group ministry including leading a Life Group or lead an equivalent ministry;
- lead our Young Adult ministry;
- as a pastoral team member, support the overall ministry at both campuses.
Remuneration: Upon request
Benefits: Eligible in 3 months
Proposed Start: June 1, 2019
- Preferred Bible College / University education related to ministry position
- Ministry related pastoral experience in a Pentecostal context; urban experience an asset
- Credentialed member of the PAOC/AG in good standing or eligible for credentials.
- Current Criminal Records Check available upon request
- Minimum Class G driver’s license for ministry-related travel/errands
- Reflects identity, mission, and vision of Church in the City and a love for the people of Toronto
- Passion for leading multi-generational crowds in worship; a builder and developer of worship teams
- Self starter who has the ability to build from scratch; self-motivating and strong work ethic, positive attitude; candidate must be able to work within an environment with distractions
- Strong ability to recruit, teach, and lead volunteer teams, both in the context of worship and small group volunteers; an essential skill for this position
- Strong organizational skills; resourceful; proficiency in written, verbal, and electronic communications
- Embraces creative and innovative worship and outreach ideas relevant to an urban setting
- Passion for reaching post-secondary students and young professionals; understand urban culture
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented and loyal, relational with ability to engage conversations with urban kids and youth as well as relate to parents.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality
- Strategizes, plans and leads worship at both campuses. Develops intergenerational worship teams and adjusts worship to the different campus expressions.
- Creates a culture of mentorship with worship teams including youth worship.
- Coordinate, recruits and teach Life Group leaders and assistants. *This responsibility may be a different based on skillset.
- Lead our young adult ministry including developing creative outreach to post-secondary students, especially from George Brown College.
- Provides pastoral care to our worship team members.
- Maintains ministry database with accurate and accessible information
- Oversees and manages ministry expenditures within approved ministry budget
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities assigned by the Lead Pastor
- Continue to develop personal spiritual growth
Please email a 1-page cover letter & 1-page resume to: Rev. Ted Leck, Lead Pastor: email@example.com
Though we appreciate all interest in this ministry, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Bible College students are welcome to apply, and P/T employment may be considered.
For further information about Church in the City, please visit www.churchinthecity.ca
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 6672 ]