Winnipeg, Manitoba , R3C 0G3
Part-time with the possibility of becoming full-time
Elim Chapel is a non-denominational church in downtown Winnipeg committed in helping each other in becoming disciples of Jesus Christ.
We are currently seeking to hire a part-time teaching pastor to join our staff team. The primary responsibility of the Teaching Pastor will be to speak 24-30 times a year in the Sunday services, to coordinate speakers for other Sundays, and develop the themes and outlines for Sunday Mornings. This team-oriented pastoral person will be responsible to work with other ministries in the church to create a unified and cohesive Sunday morning worship experience. Given the range, responsibility and church wide impact of this position, major decisions will be made in collaboration with the Family Pastor and Elders.
- Evidence of a personal and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ
- Evidence of ability and gifts of teaching and leadership
- A track record of living according to the Biblical standards for church leadership
- A track record of being a good communicator and team player
- Willingness to become familiar with the congregation of Elim Chapel (effective preaching grows out of relationships) during Sunday morning services and by actively participating in other church events
- Willingness to understand Elim’s traditions and have a vision for where God might be calling our congregation
- Willingness to work as a team member, supportive of other staff, Elders and Deacons, and respectful of all who serve within the congregation in any capacity
- Passionate about seeing people deepen their faith and becoming connected and contributing in the church
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Agreement with Elim Chapel’s doctrinal statement and governing documents
- Hours are flexible, but the expectation would be an average of 25 hours a week
- Valid criminal record check and child abuse check is required for this position
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6674 ]