Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
IT Network Technician
IT Network Technician
Winnipeg, Manitoba , r3p1b8
Report To: Executive Pastor
As a member of the Information Technology Team and reporting to the Executive Pastor, the IT Network Technician will maintain the information technology infrastructure for Grant Memorial Baptist Church including Server/Network/Workstation infrastructure, help desk and A/V Technical support. The individual will also work collaboratively with church staff in the areas of planning, development, project management and budgeting.
General office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday. This position is a full time equivalent position equal to 37.5 hours per week. There is a requirement to work Sundays as needed to meet the requirements of the position.
- Administer, design, plan, implement and oversee network management and provide ongoing maintenance and upgrades to the network including
- Installation, testing and support of network architecture including servers, cable infrastructure, switches, routers, firewalls, software including virus protection, and computer workstations and peripherals;
- Responding to all help desk issues;
- Analyze computer automation needs, feasibility, cost analysis and recommend standards for hardware and software;
- Perform in-depth network diagnostics and troubleshooting network servers, computer workstations and printers;
- Provide troubleshooting or network and communication problems and track problems and solutions with a view to develop methods to address problems in the long term;
- Develop standards for internal training/troubleshooting techniques on network hardware and software.
- Project management as it relates to Network and IT infrastructure.
- Develop, maintain and enforce Network Security Policies;
- Manage and Control Internet & Wireless protocols/connectivity (security);
- Coordinate and audit scheduled Network backups including offsite storage
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for network hardware, server, workstations and printers
- Function as a technology resource and provide technical training and support to other staff;
- Support Image Development, Troubleshooting and Rollout as required;
- Recommend Hardware/Software upgrades as required;
- Prepare budget recommendations and project management and;
- Assist with planning for future development and implementation of new technologies when needed;
- Provide ongoing A/V technical support as required.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Certification in either Microsoft Certified Architect, or Microsoft Certified Master or Microsoft Certified IT Professional Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008 or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience maintaining and administering a multi-network, multi-user environment;
- Ability to work a variety of shifts in support of church needs (Sunday morning required);
- Technical expertise in a Windows Microsoft Windows Server 2008 environment (clustered);
- Proven experience maintaining Active Director Services and Group Policy;
- Proven operational experience with the following virtualization technologies:
- Proven experience working with Cisco and Dell managed switches;
- Network trouble shooting experience (wired and wireless);
- Integration of online email system such as Gmail into a Windows network environment;
- Maintenance of Grant Memorial App;
- Familiar with desktop imaging solutions;
- Familiar with the concepts for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend for ubiquitous computing;
- Strong client service orientation;
- Project management experience including plan creation, estimating, scheduling and reporting;
- Criminal Record Check from the Winnipeg Police Services or RCMP (completion of the Vulnerable Search Screening portion is required);
- Evidence of clearance from the Child Abuse Registry;
Staff at Grant Memorial Baptist Church exemplify:
- A sincere love for the Lord evidenced by lifestyle
- Regular attendance at weekly services
- Commitment to a small group
- Faithfulness in tithing
- Adherence to Doctrinal Statement of Faith, Core Beliefs & Lifestyle Commitment
- Attend weekly staff prayer meetings and general staff meetings
- Be available for other areas to support the successful ministry of the school and church
- Be able to interact with others and demonstrate the values of GMBC
- Be available as opportunity arises to share faith, Bible scriptures and principles based on the Statement of Faith, Core Beliefs and Lifestyle Commitment, to pray with individuals and to actively communicate a belief in the Lord Jesus Christ
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please send the following attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail post to: Grant Memorial Baptist Church, 877 Wilkes Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3P 1B8.
- Cover letter
- Please use ‘IT Network Technician’ in the subject line of the email.
The applicants following the above requirements will be considered for this position.
Closing date: When position filled.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 6685 ]