Richmond Hill, Ontario
Christian Reformed Church of Richmond Hill
Denomination: Christian Reformed
Church Size: 80-100 people
Job Type: Part-Time
Reports to: Pastor
Closing Date: When position is filled
This position is responsible for facilitating the planning and implementation of congregational environments (primarily Sunday morning, Good Friday & Christmas Eve services) where people can connect with and respond to God…where we creatively and clearly present the gospel, the redeeming story of God, and where people are inspired to respond to that message in worship.
This is an 8-10 hour per week part time position.
Area of Focus
There are four areas of focus for the person that will flourish in this ministry role.
- Worship leading the congregation, possibly solo
- Worship participation with the Worship team members.
- Musicianship (proficiency in either guitar or piano or both)
- Engaging Worship volunteers and youth for services.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Loves worship and worship ministry
- Exhibits a strong personal relationship to Jesus Christ evidenced in personal relationships, commitment to the church, personal work ethic, and a heart for people
- Excellent communication skills in working with volunteers – empowering a one team understanding/ flat organization structure.
- Ability to coordinate projects and people weekly including the youth participants.
- Capable of playing either guitar and or piano and singing.
- Is personable and can relate well to church attenders, volunteers and co-workers
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Co-ordinate meetings with the Worship teams/ Decor as required.
- Schedule and coordinate feature elements such as videos, songs, etc for the services
- Ensure music is updated and properly reflected on the Projector software for church services. This is done usually at practices Thursday nights at 8 pm.
- Scheduling of volunteers for services and practices.
- Assist in rehearsal prep for band and vocals as needed
- Lead worship up to twice per month (possibly solo)
- Play guitar and or piano twice per month (with the Worship teams)
- Other duties and responsibilities as delegated or assigned
Please forward inquires to Rev. Doug Nieuwstraten. You can contact him @ firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 905-884-3005 ext 25.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 6720 ]