Day Camp Supervisor
Day Camp Supervisor
Frankford, Ontario , K0K2C0
Day Camp Supervisor:
The Frankford Youth Centre is looking for someone passionate about youth ministry to assist in the area of Junior and Senior High Ministries (ages 9-15) ministries.
Responsibilities will include the following:
* Planning and leading youth activities.
* Organizing and Day Camps.
* Organizing outreach activities.
* Making new contacts with local youth.
* Promote the Day Camps and other Youth Centre activities.
* Assisting the Director in leading staff and volunteers in ministry.
* Mentoring the two high school students who will be working with us over the summer.
* Other tasks as needed and as appropriate.
The position is for fifteen (15) weeks, thirty-five (35) hours per week. The Day Camp Supervisor will receive $17.00 per hour . There is opportunity for ministry on a volunteer basis before and beyond the fifteen weeks as may be arranged between the suitable candidate and the centre. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and be mentored.
Commitment would begin on 2019/05/13.
The ideal candidate must be:
- Willing to sign a statement of faith. By signing you communicate your understanding that this center is dedicated to operating according to Christian values and to providing a safe environment for youth to discuss and explore spiritual issues.
- Complete a Vulnerable Sector Check with the OPP. If you reside outside of Quinte West you will need to complete your check with the applicable police department for your municipality. Vulnerable Sector Checks usually take 2-3 weeks.
- Able to lead activities for groups young people and to interact with them in faith-related discussions from a Christian point-of-view.
- Willing to work as part of a team and under the direct authority of the Youth Centre’s director and accountable to the board of directors to make the summer ministry successful.
- Creative and fun-loving. Musical ability is an asset but not a requirement.
- Able to lead small group discussions in a meaningful way concerning spiritual topics.
- Having a valid driver’s license and vehicle an asset but not a requirement.
This position is part of the Canada Summer Job grant and therefore candidates must qualify according to the grants parameters. To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 6750 ]