Senior Youth Assistants
Senior Youth Assistants
Frankford, Ontario , K0K 2C0
The Frankford Youth Centre is looking for someone passionate about youth ministry to assist in the area of summer ministries and our day camp.
Responsibilities will include the following:
* Planning and leading youth activities.
* Organizing and overseeing ministry in Day Camps.
* Organizing outreach activities and leading the young people in volunteer work with other organizations.
* Making new contacts with local youth.
* Promote the Day Camps and other Youth Centre activities.
* Other tasks as needed and as appropriate.
The position is for ten (10) weeks, thirty (30) hours per week. Hourly rate is $14.50 per hour. There is opportunity for ministry on a volunteer basis before and beyond the ten weeks as may be arranged between the suitable candidate and the centre. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and be mentored.
Commitment would begin in 2019/06/24
The ideal candidate must be:
- Willing to sign a statement of faith. By signing you communicate your understanding that this center is dedicated to operating according to Christian values and to providing a safe environment for youth to discuss and explore spiritual issues.
- Complete a Vulnerable Sector Check with the OPP. If you reside outside of Quinte West you will need to complete your check with the applicable police department for your municipality. Vulnerable Sector Checks usually take 2-3 weeks.
- Able to lead activities for groups young people and to interact with them in faith-related discussions from a Christian point-of-view.
- Willing to work as part of a team and under the direct authority of the Youth Centre’s director and accountable to the board of directors to make the summer ministry successful.
- Creative and fun-loving. Musical ability is an asset but not a requirement.
- Able to lead small group discussions in a meaningful way concerning spiritual topics.
- Having a valid driver’s license and vehicle an asset but not a requirement.
This position is part of the Canada Summer Job grant and therefore candidates must qualify according to the grants parameters. To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6752 ]