Caledon, Ontario , L7C 0C3
We currently have a position opened for an Assistant Cook.
Reports To: Head Cook/Camp Director
To assist the Head Cook in the provision of adequate food for all campers and staff during the camp season and to effectively help operate the camp kitchen and assist in the management of all kitchen staff.
- Food Handlers’ certification
- Cooking and food preparation experience (Camp cooking experience preferred)
- Ability and willingness to work and aid in large scale cooking
- Knowledge of health, safety and nutrition standards
- Ability to constantly take initiative and be a self-starter who is well organized
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to organize, motivate and supervise others
- Ability to balance at times taking the lead with at other times following instruction
- Ability to encourage and challenge team members
- Ability to remain calm in high pressure situations
- Desire and ability to work in a camp community
- Ability to sustain the physical demands of a residential camp setting
- Ability to positively influence, motivate and instruct children spiritually, emotionally, socially and intellectually. Positive approaches to problem solving are a critical skill to teach and uphold.
- We require absolute confidentiality regarding campers, as well as personal and professional integrity in matters of relationship, programs and work ethic.
- A staff person’s lifestyle must be consistent with biblical standards and Christian values at all times.
- Conscientious in matters of personal ethics and lifestyle.
- Ability to work within and support The Scott Mission’s Christian Statement of Faith, Goals and Objectives
- Satisfactory completion of the Staff Security Clearance Process.
- Food Preparation, Distribution and Storage: All work in the kitchen will be conducted in accordance with the guidelines supplied by the local community department of health. The Assistant Cook will aid the Head Cook with the preparation and cooking of meals.
- Kitchen Maintenance: Regular maintenance and upkeep of the kitchen area and equipment including all counters, fringes, freezers, stoves, ovens, equipment and pantry areas.
- Staff Supervision: As delegated by the Head Cook, Kitchen Assistants will be regularly monitored by the Head Cook and at times the Assistant Cook to ensure that all responsibilities are being carried out in accordance with expectations and health regulations.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6772 ]