Caledon, Ontario , L7C 0C3
We currently have positions opened for Camp Counselors at the Scott Mission Camp. Please apply directly online.
Reports To: Section Head
To attend to the health, safety and spiritual welfare of campers and to assist them in maximizing their enjoyment and benefit of the camping experience.
- Flourishing relationship with the Lord
- Desirous of building relationships with and caring for the needs of children and youth
- Ability to positively influence, motivate and instruct children spiritually, emotionally, socially and intellectually.
- Positive approaches to problem solving are a critical skill to teach and uphold.
- Experience working with individual and groups of children of various ages and abilities.
- Behaviour Management skills
- Knowledge of stages of child development
- Ability to perform some spontaneous and individual programming.
- Ability to sustain the physical demands of an outdoor residential camp setting.
- Conscientious in matters of personal ethics and lifestyle.
- Ability to relate to and work well with peers.
- Ability to teach Biblical principles to large and small groups of children and youth.
- We require absolute confidentiality regarding campers, as well as personal and professional integrity in matters of relationship, programs and work ethic.
- A staff person’s lifestyle must be consistent with biblical standards and Christian values both in and out of the camp environment at all times.
- Must work within and support The Scott Mission’s Christian Statement of Faith, Goals and Objectives
- Satisfactory completion of the Staff Security Clearance Process.
- Care and Supervision: Counsellors are paired with one other counsellor in cabin groups and are required to care for and supervise their campers 24 hours a day for each camp session. Attention will be given to campers’ physical, emotional, mental, spiritual and social needs within the context of a camp environment and cabin group.
- Behaviour Management: Counsellors will be required to appropriately and effectively manage, handle and solve problem behaviour as it arises.
- Program Leadership: Each counsellor will be required to assume a great range of leadership roles in the implementation of the daily program. This includes theme day skits, cabin activity planning and campfire participation.
- Lifestyle Evangelism: Counsellors must demonstrate a keen interest in children and camping ministry. Our evangelism strategy requires counsellors who are able to share a vibrant Christian faith willingly with others. Counsellors must have the ability to clearly share the gospel message with campers.
- Service Responsibilities: The counsellor’s job is one of the most draining of all the positions at camp. An overwhelming range of demands upon the counsellor implies the need for good self-governing in the use of hours off and regularly scheduled activities. The high incidence of behaviour and emotional problems among our clientele requires maturity, sensitivity, compassion and love in excessive amounts.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6774 ]