Children’s Ministry Associate
Children’s Ministry Associate
Winnipeg, Manitoba , r3p1b8
Grant Memorial Baptist Church (“GMBC”), a member of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, is a vibrant, evangelical congregation, averaging 1,100 in two Sunday morning services. Over 1500 adults consider GMBC to be their home church. GMBC is known for its emphasis on teaching the Scriptures and diverse ministry engagement opportunities.
The Children’s Ministry Associate is responsible for the oversight, spiritual care and discipleship of children connected to Grant Memorial Baptist Church from Kindergarten to grade 4. Grant Memorial Baptist Church embraces a philosophy of Family Ministry that strives to equip family leaders to be the primary disciple makers in order to cultivate lasting faith in children and youth. In keeping with this, the Children’s Ministry Associate will collaborate with the Family Ministry team to set the overall direction of the Children’s Ministry. The role includes strategic planning and ministry implementation to reach children who are not yet followers of Christ and discipleship of existing believers.
This is a full time position of 37.5 hours weekly. General office hours are 8:30 to 4:30 Monday to Friday, alternative working hours will be required periodically to meet the requirements of the position. For this position Sunday is considered a regular work day.
- Responsible to ensure all children’s programming and events are planned and carried out in a manner consistent with the vision of GMBC
- Responsible to work in collaboration with the Family Ministry team to ensure that children’s programming is consistent with GMBC’s philosophy of family ministry
- Teach regularly or ensure qualified individuals provide biblical teaching in Children’s Ministry
- Model team-building by recruiting, training, equipping and evaluating Children’s ministry volunteers and staff
- In collaboration with the Director of Family Ministry develop and implement an annual and long term ministry plan for effective Children’s ministry
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, staff, volunteers and the general church constituency
- Attend and contribute to Ministry Operations Meetings, Family Ministry meetings and all congregational meetings
- Ensure all supplies and materials for Children’s ministry are purchased within parameters of the budget
- Ensure the volunteer process is completed for all Children’s Ministry volunteers in accordance with Plan to Protect
- In keeping with Plan to Protect, maintain ratios of volunteers to students in all ministry environments
- Ensure pastoral ministry is provided to children, families and volunteers in Children’s Ministry
- Ensure that Children’s Ministry has an active social media presence, and church wide presence in all avenues offered in the larger church body
- Participate in conferences and team projects
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Passion to serve God and inspire His people through the development of personal relationships, community and small groups
- Self-motivated and outgoing
- Proven excellence in people skills and a strong communicator
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate, train, and manage volunteers and staff
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write and speak effectively to children, staff, volunteers, constituents and the public
- Proficient in use of current technologies and communication tools
- Proven skills to develop and implement successful children’s programs
- Committed to team ministry, able to participate in the setting of the vision and execution of the Family Ministry Team
- Committed, growing, mature follower of Christ
- Qualified for church membership and willing to become a member of GMBC
- Supportive of the vision and leadership of the church
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Bible College in Children’s or Family Ministry, or Religious studies, or equivalent training and experience
- Actively pursuing a personal study of scripture, theology and prayer
- A completed Criminal Record check including the vulnerable sector search
Staff at Grant Memorial Baptist Church exemplify:
- A sincere love for the Lord evidenced by lifestyle
- Regular attendance at weekly services
- Commitment to a small group
- Faithfulness in tithing
- Adherence to Doctrinal Statement of Faith, Core Beliefs & Lifestyle Commitment
- Attend weekly staff prayer meetings and general staff meetings
- Be available for other areas to support the successful ministry of the church
- Be able to interact with others and demonstrate the values of GMBC
- Be available as opportunity arises to share faith, bible scriptures and principles based on the Statement of Faith and Lifestyle Commitment, to pray with individuals and to actively communicate a belief in the Lord Jesus Christ
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please send the following attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail post to: Grant Memorial Baptist Church, 877 Wilkes Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3P 1B8, Attn: Human Resources.
- Cover letter
- One pastoral reference
Please use ‘Children’s Ministry Associate’ in the subject line of the email.
The applicants following the above requirements will be considered for this position.
Closing date: When position filled.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 6778 ]