Napanee, Ontario , K7R 2Z3
Office Administrator – Westdale Park Free Methodist Church
The Westdale Free Methodist Church is looking to hire a permanent, part-time Office Administrator.
Westdale Park Free Methodist Church (WPFMC) is a Christian church, affiliated with The Free Methodist Church in Canada. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God, love for others and a desire to serve the world.
It is the vision of The Free Methodist Church in Canada to see a healthy church within the reach of all people in Canada and beyond.
Our Core Values are biblical values that guide the ministries of our Church.
AT WPFMC WE VALUE:
Believing Prayer (Personal and Corporate)
Intentional Discipleship (including Small Groups)
Stewardship (of Time, Talent and Treasure)
Working closely with the Lead Pastor, the Office Administrator serves the Westdale Park Free Methodist Church congregation and pastor, as well as the community-at-large, by giving special oversight to particular administrative and communication duties regarding the ministries of Westdale Park Free Methodist Church. The responsibilities listed below are subject to change as needs arise. The Office Administrator is hired by the Governance Board and is accountable to the Lead Pastor.
Minimum Education and Job Related Experience Requirements
To be considered for this position, an applicant must have a high school diploma/GED and should have upgraded skills with additional work-related courses. The candidate must have at least three years of experience in a position of similar scope and responsibilities. Competent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite are required.
· Receive calls and visitors for the Lead Pastor/WPFMC Office
· Keep records up-to-date (e.g. membership, attendance, mailboxes, key holders, deaths, baptisms, police vulnerable sector checks)
· Oversee on-line resources/subscriptions managed through the office (e.g. RightNow Media, NetNanny, Graceway Media, CCLI, FaceBook)
· Compile and furnish annual reports, in conjunction with the Lead Pastor, Board and Ministry Leadership Team, to the congregation and Ministry Centre
· Ensure maintenance of office equipment
· Handle petty cash @ $100.00
· Order office supplies
· Manage office expenditures within the parameters of a yearly authorized budget
· Handle correspondence (to the pastor, to others in the church, and between the pastor and others)
· Facilitate ministry communication between the Ministry Teams, congregation and the community
· Assist Governance Board, Leadership Team, and Ministry Team leaders with distribution of minutes, financial reports, and other printed materials as requested
· Produce worship service bulletin
· Produce Church Directory
· Oversee church calendar including website calendar
· Facilitate ministry in conjunction with:
o Children’s Ministry Team (e.g. VBS)
o Youth Ministry Team (e.g. Permission forms)
o Adult Ministry Team (e.g. track Men’s Group income/expense)
o Care Ministry Team (e.g. prayer requests by email, full mailbox mailings)
o Worship Service Ministry Team
- Prepare for Worship Services:
· PowerPoint: worship service and pre-service scrolling announcements
· Binders: musicians and Scripture readers
- Generate and maintain volunteer schedule; volunteer recruitment
o Outreach Ministry Team (e.g. promotion/advertising)
o Facilities Ministry Team (e.g. liaise with Facilities Directors re: property problems; oversee maintenance appointments, inspections, insurance inventory, facility usage, custodial services, etc.)
Use Simply Accounting computer program for bookkeeping
o Track income, expenses, and reimbursements
o Input data
o Reconcile bank statements
o Provide the Lead Pastor, Governance Board, Leadership Team, and Ministry Team leaders with financial reports as requested
Pay invoices by cheque and on-line banking
Reimburse ministry expenses by cheque as per receipts submitted by volunteers and staff
Disburse payments for ministry and administrative commitments as per budget (e.g. CORE, missions, ICCM, WSIB, Outreach, etc.)
Track and report HST to CRA for rebate
Assist with Budget preparation and presentation to the Society
Schedule financial review
Hold status as Financial Teller
· Ability to work with the Mission and Vision of The Free Methodist Church in Canada
· Comfortable working in a Christian environment with the ability to demonstrate empathy and compassion.
· Secondary School Diploma/GED and a minimum of three years of experience in a position of similar scope and responsibilities.
· Experience in reception, filing, operating office equipment
· Computer skills: typing, internet, Microsoft programs and Social Media applications
· Bookkeeping skills are an asset.
· Effective organizational, cognitive, and communication skills
· Able to work independently and with others
· Loyalty to the Lead Pastor and the church
· Sensitivity to and respect for the confidential nature inherent to the position
Successful candidate will be required to provide upon hiring
· A clear vulnerable sector check (Associated costs will be covered)
The operationalized core competencies which the incumbent must demonstrate in order to be effective in this position are listed below:
Commitment to Task: Able to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency; willing to commit to long hours of work and make personal sacrifice in order to reach goals.
Communication (Written and Spoken): Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances; listen well: able to write clearly and effectively present ideas and to document activities; to read and interpret written information.
Decision Making and Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
Interaction: Able to communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
Organization and Planning: Able to organize or schedule people or tasks; to develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
Policy and Procedures: Able to relate to routine operations in a manner that is consistent with existing solutions to problems; conform to established policies and procedures; log work activities.
· 18-26 hours/week
· Hourly as negotiated
· Payroll reflects normal deductions
· Direct deposit on the 15th and 30th of each month
· Please send a cover letter, current resume and 3 references to: Rev Will Keller, WPFMC Lead Pastor: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Your resume and letter must be received by 5 p.m. on May 14, 2019
· We thank all applicants for applying. You will be notified when your resume has been received, and to inform you if you will or will not be continuing in the interview process.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6793 ]