Database Administrator (Summer Intern)
Database Administrator (Summer Intern)
BRAMPTON, Ontario , L6T5C6
Partners International is a Christian organization with a mission to mobilize Canadians with Indigenous Christian Ministries to advance the kingdom of God. We work to bring the good news and love of Jesus to people living in the least resourced places on earth. We focus on planting churches, transforming communities and empowering women and children. We believe the love of Jesus changes lives. Our National office is located in Brampton Ontario where a team of dedicated professionals work to encourage and develop our international partners, where we create compelling stories so that Canadians and Canadian churches can hear about the work we do, and where we administrate and steward the financial resources that are generously donated to our charity.
We are a hard-working, fun loving, diverse staff that is passionate about seeing the lives of people struggling around our world transformed by hope. If you desire to be a part of something great and have a background in international development, foreign missions, project management and administration, this is an excellent role for you.
This is an 8-week Summer Intern position between May and August 2019, ideally designed for a student that is enrolled in a post-secondary academic program. The position reports to the Director of International Operations and offers the successful candidate exposure to international development and relief work in a Missions context. You will assist the Director of International Operations with the implementation of a newly developed application to manage the day-to-day operations and administration of our global portfolio of projects and partners, including:
- Support implementation, testing and enhancement of custom-built software application used to manage communication and reporting with International field partners.
- Populate the database with records and documents required for the business flow of information between international projects, internal project managers, and Marketing and Development.
- Providing support to Partnership Managers with the management of documents, systems and day-to-day operating requirements;
- Tracking, organizing and preparing partnership agreements, gathering project information, surveys, and media related to international projects;
- Communications with Field partners, ensuring project reporting compliance and assisting them with their needs;
- Monitor and manage project and partner database;
- Writing and submitting proposals and other project reports to senior management, donors, Foundations and other stakeholders;
- Contributing to the development of improved information systems, including databases, media and internet.
Skills, Knowledge and Gifting
- A heart for Global Missions and a desire to see our world changed through the person of Jesus;
- Professional Integrity, Confidentiality and a high commitment to accountability;
- Enrollment in a post-secondary degree or diploma program in International Development, Business Administration, Theology or related field;
- Experience managing complex projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Self-starter with ability to work alone and in collaboration with senior leaders;
- Ability and experience in working in a deadline focused, multi-project environment.
- $14 per hour, 35-hour work week;
- Summer employment;
- Working for an organization committed to making a difference in the lives of the people that we serve.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Summer Interns
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Partners International Canada
8500 Torbram Road, Unit 56
Brampton, ON L6T 5C6
We would like to thank all applicants for you interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 6806 ]