Assistant Dining Room Manager
Assistant Dining Room Manager
Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 3Y5
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau, we specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
To provide quality food service to staff and guests through serving, assisting the Dining Room Manager in overseeing the day-to-day service operations and providing leadership and direction to service personnel all while maintaining a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen.
Reports to: Dining Room Manager
Employment Status: Full-time – Salary plus benefits
Location: Rosseau, Ontario
Key Job Functions:
- Provides Quality Dining Room Experience
- Maintain dining and service standards.
- Maintain Dining Room environment through inspecting, monitoring and cleaning service stations, beverage stations, floors, seating, lighting and temperature.
- Establishes personal contact and rapport with guests and others.
- Ensures quality control of all meals, salad bar, and special diet requests.
- Assists DRM in overseeing service and providing leadership throughout meal times.
- Resolves food/service issues in conjunction with the Sous Chef.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization of kitchen.
- Supervises and participates in daily cleaning routines, schedules and checklists.
- Ensures the special diet, condiment and salad fridges are clean and organized.
- Ensures the salad prep table, dish area, and produce fridges are clean and organized
- Is aware of and abides by all Health and Safety and Food Handling requirements.
- Assist the DRM in leading, training and managing the team and individuals:
- Participates in quarterly Staff Development Weeks.
- Implements on going training of staff.
- Participates in weekly/bi-weekly meetings with team and individuals
- Assists with performance reviews and feedback to staff.
- Work alongside and coach as required.
- Helps supervise dishwashers on the weekends throughout the year.
- Participate in community events and initiatives when appropriate i.e. Cadence, one on ones, social gatherings
- Participate in meetings as needed.
- Participate in corporate events including Town Hall, Leadership Meetings and Annual Retreat
- Personal and professional development
- Other requests as outlined by the Dining Room Manager.
Skills and Attributes Required
- Customer service oriented
- Highly motivated, goal-driven and self–starter.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Good team player.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Task orientated.
- Problem solver.
- Excellent planning, organizing and efficiency skills
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods core values
- Highschool diploma
- 2+ years in food service
- Leadership and management experience
- Ability to lift and move 10 to 40 lbs
- Able to stand, walk and work for 6 to 8 hours
- Possess physical and mental strength and endurance to maintain constant supervision of staff and guests.
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with guests and staff
Please forward all cover letters and resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Muskoka Woods!
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6830 ]