Join us in this senior position that seeks to further the spiritual goals of Camp Koinonia. We are looking for an enthusiastic Christian, who is interested in serving God in a camp setting. The Staff Director will act as a resource to the Camp in recruiting, selecting, and overseeing the spiritual development of staff including cabin leaders and volunteers, such that all staff, regardless of their spiritual background, will be challenged to move forward in their relationship with Jesus.
About Camp Koinonia:
Camp Koinonia is an Evangelical Christian camp operating primarily during the summer months on Haines Lake, near Parry Sound, ON. The camp provides services to children, teens and families. It was founded by Anglicans, without formal ties to church structures, and its program reflects its motto: “To Know Christ and to Make Him Known.” Staff compliment is approximately 20 and maximum camper attendance is 75 people.
The primary responsibilities to staff include and are not limited to:
- Defining job responsibilities
- Advertising and selection of staff
- Undertaking staff training and after hour events
- Maintaining discipline to the conduct standards of the Camp
- Monitoring a spiritual development program for staff
- One-to-one mentorship
- Communicating and teaching biblical Christian truth
- Leading staff worship and daily devotions
- Liase with other senior camp staff
- Being a follower of Jesus Christ. The candidate’s relationship with Jesus is a major focus of life.
- Being comfortable in working in a team environment.
- Having a desire to contribute to the well-being of those under your care. Having strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills, one-to-one and in a group setting.
- Having leadership skills including creating solutions, being decisive with consistent follow- through.
- Experienced in Christian discipleship and will have in place a spiritual development plan for their own personal life.
- A depth level of knowledge of Bible and Christian faith.
The Staff Director is a full time 3 month paid contract position. The candidate is prepared to work long hours. The position will be on-site for the period June 30 to August 31. Full time start date is May 27 with limited responsibility in prior weeks. Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. The successful candidate must be able to submit to Camp Koinonia’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement.
Interested individuals should email their resume and cover letter to Jon Dykeman, Chair of Board of Directors, at email@example.com by May 21.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6833 ]