Guelph, Ontario , N1H 8E8
The Guelph Vineyard Church is looking to hire a part-time Children’s Coordinator to come alongside pastoral staff and support our children’s ministry. The successful candidate will be someone who loves Jesus, loves kids, knows how to have fun and is a capable organizer.
- Part-time Position - 8-12 hours/week
- Wage: TBD based on experience
We are a small but vibrant multi-generational (nearly 50% children) faith-community, bound together by a mission to follow Jesus together.
This role requires equal parts administrative and relational skill-sets. The successful candidate will be the kids “go-to” person during Sunday services and other congregational gatherings, in addition to coordinating ongoing volunteer support from members of the Guelph Vineyard Church.
Duties will include scheduling volunteers in alignment with our abuse prevention policy, communication with volunteers, implementing teaching curriculum and arranging games and snacks.
Given that this role requires significant integration with our congregational life, there is an expectation that the Guelph Vineyard Church will become the successful candidate’s spiritual community for the duration of their service in this role.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- An active and growing faith in Jesus Christ demonstrated by service in His name to the church and community.
- A sense of calling to children’s ministry.
- An ability to create a fun, safe atmosphere for kids to thrive in.
- A commitment to the spiritual growth and development of children and youth.
- A commitment to the vision, mission and goals of the Guelph Vineyard Church and the larger Vineyard movement.
- Completion or ongoing pursuit of a post-secondary degree preferred.
- Diploma, Bachelors or Post Graduate Degree in Ministry, Children’s Ministry or Education is preferred but not required.
- Two to five years’ experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Leadership experience in a Spirit-filled church - preferably, but not necessarily, a Vineyard church.
- Mentoring and discipling others.
- Working with children and youth as a teacher, facilitator, coach, leader or mentor.
- Applying Biblical principles to your own life and the lives of those you lead or mentor.
- Working knowledge of team dynamics.
- Understanding of your own leadership style and ministry gifting.
- Personal and demonstrable understanding of and familiarity with the Bible.
- Ability to call out the gifts of others and delegate responsibilities accordingly.
- Familiarity with basic financial and budgeting concepts.
- Training and/or experience supervising others.
- We value leaders that can demonstrate stories of God’s call in their lives, and their journey to hear the Holy Spirit’s direction and obey that calling.
- We value leaders who have found an understanding of their own strengths and weaknesses so as to be broken vessels in service to the King (Jeremiah 18:1-12). We value this attribute as a living example of discipleship.
- We value leaders who teach through action.
- We value leaders who could be described by others as wise, inspired (inspiring) and able to guide our kids in understanding and interpreting God’s word and sensing His voice and call on their lives.
- We value leaders with a passion to pray and diligently listen to God’s voice.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Should you be asked to participate in the next stage of the hiring process, we will be asking for three references from the following categories (one per category):
- A current or recent leader you’ve served with
- A spiritual mentor
- A team member/co-worker
Deadline: We prefer applications be sent prior to May 15, 2019. However, we will begin to consider applicants as received.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 6835 ]