The Toronto Children's Ministry Conference is a gathering of people who are dedicated to the spiritual growth of children, parents, church volunteers and ministry leaders. Join us on Saturday, November 2nd, for engaging and practical workshops that will equip and inspire you!
English Lead Pastor
English Lead Pastor
Scarborough, Ontario , M1V4Y1
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church (SCBC) is an evangelical church with three congregations: English, Cantonese and Mandarin. We are strategically located in the Greater Toronto Area which is one of the most dynamic and multicultural areas in North America. SCBC is seeking a full-time English Lead Pastor who is passionate about intercultural ministry to lead and shepherd the 500+ members in our English-speaking congregation. The English Ministry Lead Pastor will work in collaboration with the English pastoral staff, deacons and lay leaders in a team approach to minister, support the discipleship of the congregation and to report to the Senior Pastor.
- To lead and shepherd an English-speaking congregation of 500+ worshippers.
- To lead and mentor a team of English pastors in the discipleship growth of the church.
- To join the current team of 15 pastoral staff in serving a multilingual, multicultural and multigenerational evangelical church of 1500+ regular Sunday attendance.
- To lead and work with current lay leaders in building up disciples in a Christ-centered Scripture-based community of vibrant faith, love and hope.
Responsibilities involve regular preaching at the English worship services, teaching, providing pastoral care, conduction of ordinances, exercising leadership in the planning, coordination and direction of various ministries.
- has evidenced a deep devotion and commitment to Christ
- is called and committed to the ministry of the local church
- a dynamic preacher and sound teacher of God’s word
- possesses spiritual maturity and integrity and exemplifies godly servant qualities
- has a strong pastoral shepherd heart
- an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- exercises strong leadership and visionary qualities
- demonstrates organizational skills and team work abilities
- minimum 5 to 7 years of church pastoral experience
- preferably 3 to 5 years of lead pastor experience
- has a Master Degree of Divinity (M Div.) or equivalent level of theological education at an Association of Theological Schools (ATS) accredited institution
Upon request, accommodation will be provided for persons with disabilities through all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Please submit your resume along with a letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Search Committee for English Ministry Lead Pastor
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church
3223 Kennedy Road
For further details, please see www.scbc.com.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6849 ]