Learn from outstanding faculty, visiting scholars teachers who are recognized experts in their fields. Tyndale Spring & Summer courses will be offered as scheduled, delivered in either Livestream, Online or Hybrid (Online/Livestream) formats. Registration is open.
Oak Bluff, Manitoba , R4G 0B2
Oak Bluff Bible Church (OBBC) is seeking a full time Pastor. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual currently serving in an Associate or Youth Pastor role, ready to further progress in their career serving as a Lead Pastor. OBBC is open to considering applicants from a variety of Evangelical Christian Church backgrounds. As a congregation, we are actively praying for this individual, whom God has chosen, to lead us in fulfilling The Greatest Commandment and The Great Commission as stated in the Bible (Matthew 22:37-39, 28:19-20).
We are in search of a Pastor that will provide spiritual leadership and oversight to the ministry of OBBC. The Pastor will work together with Leadership in shepherding the congregation with joy, mercy and love to fulfill the vision to know Christ and to make Christ known. While being a strong equipper and encourager, his gifting should also bring continuity to the Church worship service and ministry programs. Our loving, motivated, and compassionate congregation is looking forward to having a dynamic visionary to lead and model Christ and take OBBC to the next level of spiritual growth.
- Preach and teach the Word of God in clear, compelling and effective ways
- Serve in a team environment to provide vision and leadership to the Church
- Commit to the ministry of prayer and devotions by setting it as a priority in their own personal life and, through their example, inspire others
- Actively engage in the community to share Christ through outreach
- Identify, develop and nurture leaders who are equipped to fulfill the Great Commission through mentoring and discipleship
- Ensure pastoral care is provided to the congregation and noticing and responding to those in need
- Other responsibilities include providing counselling, performing child dedications, visitation, weddings, funerals and baptisms. As well, overseeing the administrative aspects of the Church and representing the Church at local and regional ministerial association meetings and conferences.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Graduate Biblical education preferred
- Authentic, with high integrity and is committed to serving humbly
- Dependent on God and prepared to seek the biblical counsel of others
- Supportive and respectful of all who serve within the congregation
- Passion for children and youth ministry
- Gifts of shepherding, teaching, preaching and effective communication
- Experience in working with Church leadership to establish a direction and focus for the Church
- Possess Godly character as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
Church & Community Description
Oak Bluff Bible Church was founded as an Evangelical Mennonite Conference (EMC) Church plant through the Vacation Bible School program and initiated in September of 2005. OBBC is a welcoming, family-friendly Church with an average attendance of 50 people on a Sunday morning. We offer children and adult Sunday School, care groups, Vacation Bible School along with local and international serving opportunities. We enjoy contemporary and traditional worship music led by a rotation of a few worship bands. We understand the importance and value of ministering together to be a light in reaching our growing community and surrounding area of Oak Bluff, Manitoba (located at McGillivray and the Perimeter Hwy of Winnipeg, Manitoba).
Conditions of Employment
- Applicants must be in acceptance of the OBBC (EMC) statement of faith and aligning with theology, values and church culture of OBBC
- Bible focused preaching, having worked out a clear understanding of inerrancy and interpretation
- A valid criminal record check and child abuse check are required for this position
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Preference will be given to those willing to relocate to Oak Bluff or the surrounding community
For EMC Pastors salary and benefits guidelines, see http://www.emconference.ca/resources/church-administration
To apply or for further inquiries, please email email@example.com
- Please include three REFERENCES, a COVER LETTER, RESUME and up to two SERMON LINKS.
- Label the attached files as LASTNAMEcover and LASTNAMEresume.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only applicants given seriousconsideration will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6852 ]