Female Resident Director
Female Resident Director
Otterburne, Manitoba , R0A 1G0
The Providence campus is on 100 acres in southern Manitoba, 30 minutes south of Winnipeg (the Province’s capital city) near numerous towns that offer opportunities for involvement in church and youth ministry.
The vision of Providence is to be identified among Canada's foremost Christian universities as a learning community that transforms students into leaders of character, knowledge, and faith, to serve Christ in a changing world. A Christian academic community in the evangelical tradition, Providence teaches people to grow in knowledge and character for leadership and service.
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Student Development, the Female Resident Director exists to facilitate a Christ-centered living and learning environment within the residence halls. Included in this is the mentoring of Resident Assistants and leading the Resident Assistant team in the mentorship, discipleship and spiritual direction of students within the residence, working within a ‘restorative justice’ model in the monitoring and management of behavioral issues, and planning and hosting resident events. The Resident Director is also responsible for on-call service every third week in case of emergencies, the organization of room placement and other residence management duties.
- Relationship and community building
- Student Leader mentoring and hiring
- Assisting in the detection and intervention of student problem areas
- Residence management
- Student profiling and room placement
- Emergency on-call responsibilities
- Miscellaneous departmental responsibilities
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in Student Development, Counselling, Pastoral Care, Spiritual Formation, or related field required;
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a post-secondary Resident Director preferred;
- ASIST certification, First Aid/CPR certification, Mental Health First Aid certification, sexual assault/crisis responder training, conflict management training, or willingness to obtain required;
- Class 5 drivers license;
- Proficiency in MS Office 365
- This is a full time position with an irregular work schedule and on-call responsibilities on a three week rotation
- The resident director is required to live on campus, in an apartment provided
- Providence is a faith-based institution and all staff are required to agree to a code of conduct. Our Staff Handbook outlines all institutional expectations, responsibilities, and benefits.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Consideration of applications will commence on May 10, 2019 and continue until June 14, 2019, or until position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted.
Questions regarding this position can be sent by email to email@example.com.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 6858 ]