Day Camp Director
Day Camp Director
Toronto, Ontario , M9C 2Z3
Fellowship is a church working hard to become an integral part of its neighbourhood, to see God's kingdom come in Central-West Etobicoke. One component of our strategy is a new summer camp. After a successful pilot last year, we are launching a full camp this year and have need of an experienced Day Camp Director.
We are looking forward to inviting the kids from the neighbourhood to join in the fun. Do you have lots of energy and enthusiasm for sharing the love of Jesus with K-8 kids from a variety of backgrounds? Then please contact us.
Fellowship Christian Reformed Church is hiring (1) Day Camp Director to work with the Ministry Director to implement the day-to-day activities of the children enrolled in the Camp. The Director will be responsible for the summer Day Camp at Fellowship Church. The Director will need to be able to manage a staff team of (3) for the Day Camp as well as work collaboratively with the leaders of other teams.
- Recruiting campers
- Leading staff
- Implementing fun, safe and effective programs for campers
- Purchase supplies
- Organize volunteers
- Ability to effectively interact with participants, parents, and staff
- Represent Fellowship Church’s spiritual ministry and social mission in the Camp program.
- Engage in Christian spiritual conversation with members of the public if the opportunity or need presents itself.
- Recognize spiritual need of persons which may require referral to the Ministry Director.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Ministry Director
- A minimum of 1+ year(s) prior work experience supervising staff in a day camp or similar work environment is required.
- Experience with Christian Education Programs for school age children such as Christian summer camps, Sunday School or Vacation Bible Study a plus
- Must have a keen interest in working with children and youth
- Must be college-aged or older.
- Enthusiastic, Fun, Great Personality
- Certifications: CPR, First Aid
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must complete Camp Staff Orientation, which will run from June 24-28, 2019
Hourly Wage: $15.00/hr
Hours: 8 weeks at 35 hours/week
Start Date: June 10th, 2019
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6859 ]