Day Camp Counsellors
Day Camp Counsellors
Toronto, Ontario , M9C 2Z3
Fellowship is a church working hard to become an integral part of its neighbourhood, to see God's kingdom come in Central-West Etobicoke. One component of our strategy is a new summer camp. After a successful pilot last year, we are launching a full camp this year and have need of experienced Day Camp Counselors.
We are looking forward to inviting the kids from the neighbourhood to join in the fun. Do you have lots of energy and enthusiasm for sharing the love of Jesus with K-8 kids from a variety of backgrounds? Then please contact us.
Fellowship Christian Reformed Church is hiring (3) Day Camp Counsellors to work with the Day Camp Director, and Ministry Director to prepare and lead the day-to-day activities of the children enrolled in the Camp. The essential task is to provide a safe, positive and enriching environment for Day Campers.
- Assist with the daily activities such as devotions, crafts, recreation, music, drama, lunch, snacks, games, trips, etc.
- Must be able to assist with planning, preparing and implementing the day-to-day activities.
- Provide supervision and general child care.
- Clean up and set up of activity areas as directed by Camp Director and/or Ministry Director.
- Receive and dismiss children daily in the designated area.
- Set a Christian example for the children, parents, staff and volunteers.
- Represent Fellowship Church’s spiritual ministry and social mission in the Camp program.
- Recognize spiritual need of persons which may require referral to the Ministry Director.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by your supervisors
- Minimum of six months experience working or volunteering with school age children.
- Experience with Christian Education Programs for school age children such as Christian summer camps, Sunday School or Vacation Bible Study a plus
- Must have a keen interest in working with children and youth
- Must be in or completed high school
- Enthusiastic, Fun, Great Personality
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Certifications: CPR, First Aid are a plus
- Must complete Camp Staff Orientation, which will run from June 24-28, 2019
Hourly Wage: $14.10/hr
Hours: 8 weeks at 35 hours/week
Start Date: June 10th, 2019
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6861 ]