Toronto, Ontario , M6H 3H9
Are you under 30 years of age and looking for a summer job? Adam House is a non-profit refugee reception centre that provides immigration and settlement services, and a home for newly arrived refugee claimants. We are looking for a self-motivated and knowledgeable Handyman to join our dynamic team.
Why should you apply?
- Reputable non-profit organization
- Opportunities for career development
- Thriving team culture
What to expect:
- Conduct monthly house inspections and resolve deficiencies
- In collaboration with volunteer coordinator, plan and supervise group projects for volunteers such as cleaning, painting, and yard work
- Complete small maintenance projects and repairs as necessary
- Work with Executive Director to develop a master plan/schedule for capital improvements.
- 30 hours/week for 16 weeks
- Compensation: $16/hr
What you need to have to be successful:
- Knowledgeable and capable in home renovations and repairs
- Supervisory abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Field of study related to the position (eg. trades)
If interested in this role, kindly email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the email subject line.
Our organization values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6871 ]