Join us on April 28, 2020 for our annual Preaching Conference. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Mary Hulst. Theme: Preaching with Millennials and Gen Z in Mind. Workshops by Tyndale Faculty Gary V. Nelson, Helen Noh, Narry Santos, Rebecca Idestrom, James T. Robertson, Marilyn Draper, and Daniel Wong. Tickets available online. Early bird deadline is March 23, 2020.
Montreal, Quebec , H3L 3R9
People with differing abilities transforming lives, transforming society.
We welcome Assistants to live, work, and learn together with men and women with intellectual disabilities in our communities across Canada. L'Arche strives to shape a more human and just society by offering people of different abilities a life changing experience of companionship, community, belonging, and fun.
"Community Assistant" Role Description:
Assistant teams support core members (men and women with intellectual disabilities) by sharing in their daily life. We cook and eat dinner together, get together with friends, participate in activities in our neighbourhoods, go on vacation together, and celebrate often.
Through friendship and relationships with Core Members, Assistants gain valuable life skills, opportunities for personal growth and self direction, as well as enhanced leadership abilities.
More than a job, we offer an exceptional and life changing adventure in friendship and self-discovery.
- Each year L'Arche hires over 200 new Assistants to live and work in 29 communities across Canada
- All new Assistants participate in the L'Arche Leadership Development Program
- Many Assistants choose to stay at L'Arche for one or two years. There are also opportunities for longer term roles in leadership across the country
- There are opportunities to transfer to one of 154 L'Arche communities in 38 countries around the world
- Compensation and Benefits are provided. Assistant Roles are Full-Time.
- We hire people from a wide variety of educational backgrounds.
- We are looking for people with an open attitude, ability to work as part of team, a desire to grow, and who want to make a meaningful difference in the world
- Creativity, flexibility, attention to detail, and ability to organize time
- Opportunities available in either English or French
- Training is provided through the L'Arche Leadership Development Program
How to Apply:
To find out more about L'Arche Canada and to apply, please visit www.larche.ca/apply
Please submit CV or Resume with online application.
Application deadline is open.
Start Date: L'Arche hires year round.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6875 ]