Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Children's Camp Cook
Children's Camp Cook
Still required for one week long Children's Camp - the following are some of the basic requirements:
- cook must stay at camp from Thurs July 25 from lunch time (12noon) to Thurs Aug 01 after supper (after 6:30pm)
- Must have a recent "Food Handler's Training Course Certificate" issued by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care of Ontario Gov't. They are good for 5yrs
- must have a vehicle
- wages to be minimum wage plus expenses (ie. gas for shopping) It would be considered a "contract" so no deductions.
- meals and accommodation would be provided
- cook would help to make up meal plans along with Camp Director. Camp Director is required to submit meal plan for the week to Board and then work with cook to "tweak" it if necessary, being concerned with providing kids with balanced and nutritious meals (also kid friendly!) We have copies of suggested meal plans available.
- cook would purchase groceries using an advance issued by our HLBC Treasurer
- HLBC would establish cook's schedule according to the Summer Schedule 2019 in place. Meals have usually been as follows
- Breakfast at 8:00am, Lunch at 12 noon or 12:30pm (depending on camp program), supper at 5:00pm, except for the last Thurs, which is Parent's Night, supper would be a little earlier ie. at 4:30pm.
- cook would have evenings free after kitchen clean-up following dinner. Cook responsible for putting away food.
- HLBC Board member (Shirley Tye) will provide three (3) volunteer kitchen helpers daily to help cook prepare food, help to set-up, to help serve and to clean-up dishes and tables. Usually counsellors take turns doing dishes as well.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6884 ]