Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Individual, Couple, and Family Counsellor
Individual, Couple, and Family Counsellor
Richmond hill, Ontario , L4C 2M6
Catholic Community Services of York Region (CCSYR) is a registered non-profit, charitable organization reflecting the values consistent with Catholic social teachings. CCSYR has been providing services in York Region since 1980. Our Mission is to reach out to support, counsel and guide individuals and families from diverse backgrounds and faiths. Inspired by the “Key Principles of Catholic Teaching”, we recognize the dignity and worth of each individual. We provide a broad array of programs and services that enable all citizens, immigrants, newcomers and refugees, to participate fully in the social, economic, political, and cultural life of our community. We are an accredited organization with Family Services Ontario and a member agency of Catholic Charities and Canadian Council of Agencies Servicing Immigrants.
CCSYR is currently seeking experienced, highly motivated and skilled therapists to join our team. The incumbent will provide direct therapy to individuals, couples and families who reside within York Region with a diverse range of needs. Therapists will be provided with a case load of clients in accordance with our agencies intake procedure. The incumbent will report directly to and receive supervision from the Clinical Manager and the Clinical Director where appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct therapy to individuals, couples and families
- Establish therapeutic rapport with clients from diverse populations, genders, ages and concerns
- Support clients to identify goals and establish strategies for achieving their goals utilizing a variety of recognized therapeutic modalities which match the clients needs
- Engage in ongoing therapeutic assessment, conceptualization and treatment planning
- Evaluate the treatment of services seeking feedback from clients to determine overall effectiveness and recommend appropriate alterations to ensure optimal outcomes
- Maintain clear clinical documentation with proficiency and clarity in a timely fashion as outlined in CCSYR policies and procedures
- Assess client need for additional resourcing or supports and make referrals as appropriate
- Work in collaboration with other community resources as required
- Make appropriate and effective use of self in clinical treatment
- Contribute to program and service development and evaluation
- Ensure familiarity with all pertinent legislation
- Attend and participate in ongoing clinical supervision
- Participate in training to ensure ongoing development of skills and abilities
- Positively and professionally represent CCSYR in the community by collaborating with community partners on various projects and initiatives as assigned
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinical Director and Manager
- A minimum of Master’s degree in psychotherapy, marriage and family therapy, social work or equivalent
- A Minimum of two (2) year’s experience providing therapy to individuals, couples and families
- Registration (or eligibility for registration) with a professional college (e.g. College of Social Workers, Psychologists)
- Extensive knowledge of various individual, couple and family intervention models and a working knowledge of best practices working with different populations and concerns
- Demonstrated skills in analysis of individual, systemic issues impacting individuals and ability to work with complex issues and trauma
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team and be respectful, collaborative and professional
- Commitment to the integrity and worth of all individuals which is consistently reflected in practice
- Ability to manage client crisis and engage in suicide risk assessment and intervention
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector check is required
- Fluency in a second language an asset.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to, Clinical Manager, email@example.com
The process we will undertake to recruit for this role includes:
- Initial screening of resumes and covering letters
- Those who are successful in moving through the initial screening process, will be asked to attend a face-to-face interview to gain a better understanding of the role, as well as provide you with the opportunity to discuss how your experience align with this opportunity.
- A second interview may be required. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from diverse individual who self-identify on the basis s of any of the protection grounds under the Human Rights Code. We are committed to integration and maintaining the independence of individuals and removing barriers to accessibility in the workplace. We are committed to full compliance with the Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all other applicable legislation. CCSYR is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our representative of the accommodation measures required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We welcome all applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Posted Under: Counselling
Career ID: [ 6887 ]