Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Scarborough, Ontario , M1W 2P5
Your Opportunity to bring Hope to families and communities impacted by poverty!
As Executive Director of Toronto City Mission (TCM) you will report to a volunteer board of directors. You will provide leadership to a growing team of staff and volunteers.
TCM has been serving children and families impacted by poverty in the city of Toronto since 1879. The Executive Director is responsible to ensure that the organization remains focused on the mission and vision.
Mission: Through God’s transformational power, we build loving relationships to bring hope to children and families impacted by poverty.
Vision: Families impacted by poverty will lead transformed lives.
As the ideal candidate, you will possess exceptional Christian leadership skills and a passion for seeing lives transformed. You are a leader who believes in and will live out our core values of:
- Compassion – We seek to stand with those who are suffering from the effects of poverty
- Relationships – We value personal relationships with all our participants, partners and personnel.
- Dignity – We value the unique purpose and worth of every individual and seek to help them use their God-given abilities to give back to their communities.
- Integrity – We seek to be open and honest in all of our thoughts, words and actions
As TCM’s Executive Director you will be committed to sharing our vision and building collaborative relationships which includes securing and maintaining a sound base of financial & prayer partners to a level sufficient to fund the general fund, including raising personal support. You are a gifted public communicator passionate about sharing the hope of the gospel and the mission of TCM. You are comfortable teaching/preaching in churches. You will have a clear calling from God and the spiritual maturity to pray and discern God’s vision for TCM.
You will lead and serve the staff team by providing direction and vision. You will provide training and growth opportunities to develop all staff.
This is an exciting opportunity to help Toronto’s oldest Mission remain focused on their mission while developing new and current programming that will break cycles of poverty in our City.
- Growing spiritual life
- Passion for those impacted by poverty
- Servant leadership
Skill & Experiences
- Ideally 10 years of senior level experience in an urban ministry setting
- Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrate a strong theological / Biblical understanding
- Visionary & Strategic
- Collaborative leadership style
- Public Speaking & Presentations
For a complete job description and organizational information click here.
Send resume to Ron Farr at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Friday, June 21, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EST
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Posted Under: Executive
Career ID: [ 6888 ]