Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Manager of Web and Information Technology
Manager of Web and Information Technology
Guelph, Ontario , N1H 6T9
The Manager of Web and IT is primarily responsible for the leadership and management of The Gideons International in Canada | ShareWord Global’s (TGIC) web and IT functions. The Manager of Web and IT is responsible for the effective operation of web and information technology services and support across the organization. This individual oversees web and IT project management, resource management, supervision of related vendors & staff, as well as communication with the executive team, business unit leaders, and end users. The Manager of Web and IT is also responsible for web and IT strategic and tactical planning, as well as identifying, selecting, and deploying the appropriate technology resources that will support the entity’s goals and objectives.
The Gideons International In Canada (TGIC) is an organization of vibrant, passionate men and women who seek to encourage and equip believers and churches to reach their communities and the world with the gospel through the sharing of God’s Word. Established in 1911, the 108-year old ministry has rapidly transformed itself for growth and global impact.
TGIC continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the gospel, using tools like the NewLife app (newlife.bible), creating Scripture magazines like Hope, Light and Redemption, and launching a youth arm called SendMe (sendme.ca). In August 2015, TGIC launched their international brand, ShareWord Global. ShareWord Global serves as the ministry’s international arm, extending the ministry’s passion to reach the lost all over the world.
Revenues: $11 Million
Reports to: VP of Business & Communications
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Development and Continual Learning
- Plan, develop, and manage all IT services, programs, and support throughout the enterprise.
- Manage and monitor web servers broadcasting an Internet domain.
- Ensure internal IT support (server security, software updates, hardware maintenance, etc.).
- Oversee the implementation, deployment and operation of information systems and technology solutions for business needs.
- Oversee website functionality and development.
- Research, design, and implement the appropriate technologies to support and improve corporate communications, access to information + security, and end-user productivity.
- Oversee project management for IT-related undertakings, including clear capture of business requirements, provision of functional deliverables, milestone planning, and project post mortems. Ensure that applicable project management practices are followed throughout project lifecycles.
- Manage outsourced vendors and in-house IT personnel; help guide the professional development of IT personnel.
- Assist in developing and managing a budget for technology, IT services, and personnel.
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases; oversee warranties and service agreements.
- Maintain and provide administration for all legal, company-owned Internet domains.
- Create website development plans to determine timelines and estimates for completing web projects.
- Ensure that web-based applications are optimized for third-party search engines and tools.
- Ensure that websites are integrated with the company’s CRM.
- Conduct capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements, websites, and other applications.
- Manage effective functioning of the company phone system.
- Assist senior management with the direction and facilitation of IT strategic and tactical planning.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, staff, and customers.
- Plan end-user training as required.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in computer science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- Working experience in the NPO/Charity industry.
- Advanced overall knowledge of networking, operating system, and server architectures.
- Advanced knowledge of web design/application principles and tools.
- Experience with Blackbaud suite of products is an asset.
- Highly effective project management skills.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
The Gideons International In Canada is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
Location: Guelph, ON
If you are applying, please first complete the following online Survey which is a standard part of our recruitment process: http://www.profileperformancesystem.com/survey.html?SL=37690
To apply, click here
Posted Under: Information Technology
Career ID: [ 6889 ]