Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Kitchener, Ontario , N2A2H2
Emmanuel Bible College is accepting applications for the position of Development Assistant.
Resumes will be accepted until June 5, 2019.
The Development Assistant serves under the supervision of the President. In addition, there is close liaison with the Director of Messaging & Communications and at times the Development Assistant may work on specified projects with other departments. The individual in this position assists the President and others to develop and manage a donor development program, build and grow the enthusiasm and involvement of donors, increase the number of donors, and raise contributions for the College.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Post-Secondary: Bachelor’s degree would be an expected minimum unless there is significant job-related experience; Bible college education preferred
- Certifications/Diplomas: As there are multiple certifications and other learning opportunities available in the field of development, all will be considered as potential assets to the candidate.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with the existing Emmanuel constituency
- Familiarity with the worldview and cultural values of various generations and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people
- Experience in fundraising and development campaigns and initiatives
- Familiarity with database applications
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge NXT database system
- Ensure the execution of the college’s Development Plan that includes mailings (to individuals, churches, denominations, foundations, and corporate partners), electronic communications, and special events.
- Maintain the college’s database and ensure all records are up to date and provide necessary reporting, receipting, and analytics.
- Cooperate and coordinate with other departments in promotional activities of the college and ensure unified messaging on the promotion of the college.
- Collaborate with the Director of Messaging & Communications in printing projects and brand identity.
- Liaise with external vendors and suppliers as needed in areas such as graphic design, mementoes/supplies, printing, and event ticketing.
- Be the contact person and college representative with the college’s Alumni Association.
- Attend a regular or bi-weekly department meeting (President, Communications, Development)
- Other duties as deemed appropriate to the work of the department.
- Part-time / Salaried (24 hrs. per week / $21,000 - $22,000 annually)
- Start Date: July 1, 2019
- End Date: June 30, 2020 (with the possibility for renewal)
Resumes may be sent to:
Emmanuel Bible College – Human Resources
100 Fergus Ave., Kitchener, ON N2A 2H2
*A more detailed job description available upon request.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 6899 ]