Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Event Planner Position
Event Planner Position
Mississauga, Ontario , L4W1E4
The Event Planner will be responsible for managing all aspects of Passion To Reach Ministries’ annual events during the contract period.
This position is a 9 week contract position for 30hrs/week.
Pay is $17/hr
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and oversee our organization’s annual events (partner brunch, leadership workshops and 2-day conference).
- Work collaboratively with the Director, and Executive Administrator and confirm dates and timelines for various stages leading up to the events.
- Research and book venue for partner brunch, and leadership workshops. Responsible for weekly emails, and inbound and outbound calls to local businesses, community leaders, pastors, volunteers, speakers, sponsors and vendors for the events.
- Manage project plans for the 3 main events: Review previous year’s event documents and establish staff and volunteer project leads.
- Follow-up with volunteers and project leads via email reminders and phone calls.
- Schedule event planning meetings through Zoom online meeting platform. Manage volunteer sign-up form.
- Work with Marketing team to promote the various events: submit written content and reminders to them, assisting with managing social media platforms-keeping them updated on a weekly basis.
- Aid in the organization and distribution of promotional flyers, manage ticket sales online platform, registrations and food purchases.
- Assist with recruitment of volunteer teams.
Job Skills and Requirements:
Apply if you have work related experience, or are pursuing or have educational background in any of these fields of study: Event Planning Certificate/Bachelor's Degree, Public Relations Degree, Bachelors -Hospitality Management, Human Resources Manager, Business computer and systems interpretation skills. Business Administration, Accounting Manager, Project Management, Marketing Degree.
Sucessful candidates will be required to provide references and may be ask to do a Criminal Records Check.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this position is only open to permanent residents or citizens of Canada between the ages of 15-30 years old in compliance with the Canada Summers Job Program.
We thank everyone for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates invited to interview with us will be contacted.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6939 ]