Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Fundraising Intern Position
Fundraising Intern Position
Mississauga, Ontario , L4W1E4
The Fundraising Intern will be responsible for organizing and implementing activities and processes that raise awareness of the organizations work and financial needs that generate funding.
This position is a 9-week contract position for 30hrs/week.
Pay rate is $16/hr.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Meet and/call private sector businesses and entrepreneurs for donations.
- Come up with innovative and new persuasive ways to fundraise.
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets and presentations.
- Attend community meetings and establish partnerships.
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and programs officers.
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement of organization’s gifts.
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submissions of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports to meet fundraising goals.
- Conducting prospect research.
- Call and set-up meetings to present the organization to prospective sponsors or donors.
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner.
- Meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
- Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
Job Skills and Requirements:
Apply if you have work related experience, or are pursuing, or have educational background in any of these fields of study:
Fundraising Management Programs, Communication Programs, Business and Administration Programs, Community Engagement Programs, Grant Writing Certificate, Donor Management Programs, Non-profit Organization and Donor Management program, Hospitality Management, Marketing and Advertising Programs, Communication Program, Human Resources Program.
Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized, and have
experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information. Successful candidates may be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check as well as references.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé to email@example.com Please note this position is only open to permanent residents or citizens of Canada between the ages of 15-30 years old in compliance with the Canada Summers Job Program.
We thank everyone for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates invited to interview with us will be contacted.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6962 ]