Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Full Time Front Line Supervisor
Full Time Front Line Supervisor
Toronto, Ontario , M9V 2X6
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary
To work with the Assistant Director in supporting the shelter in achieving its vision of Housing, Outcomes, Mission and Excellence (HOME) by providing outstanding, client centered service in ways that are aligned with The Salvations Army’s core values and Housing First.
The position is an entry-level management position which assists the Assistant Director in managing front-line day-to-day operations of the shelter.
Supervise and provide day-to-day direction to the Front Line Workers in accordance with established policies and procedures including Employment Standards and payroll procedures.
- Schedule, conduct and document supervision
- Conduct Performance Reviews and Evaluations
- Attend and actively participate in Case Management and Chair Team meetings
- Provide back-up support to shelter and management positions and their functions as required
- Complete shift schedules in accordance with current policies and legislation
- Support Front Line Workers in providing clients with appropriate support, including system navigation, referrals and basic need provision
Assist with the day-to-day operation of the Shelter
- Ensure residents receive proper Customer Service while relating to the shelter staff
- Read daily the log books and make necessary follow-up
- Assist with monitoring the Service Restrictions imposed on residents
- Chair monthly Resident’s Meetings as required
To assist the Assistant Director with the administration of the shelter
- Gather and submit for entry SAMIS applicable to Front Line Workers on a monthly basis
- Compile and submit the monthly reports, service restrictions
- To give direction and ensure SMIS entries are completed properly
- Assist in ensuring the shelter is in compliance and meeting the standards for the Quality Assurance and Accreditation
- Attend Committee and Agency meetings as directed by the Director
- Participate in the Policy Review Committee
- Conduct tours of building for groups or individuals as requested
- On call duties for residential issues as scheduled
To assist with the Finances of the Shelter
- Prepare and submit through UltiPro staff hours of work bi-weekly for payroll
To assist with Employee Relations of the Shelter
- Ensure up to date Front Line Worker staff contact information is updated in UltiPro
- Monitor and maintain the Front Line Worker relief pool
- Assist with the orientation of new staff
- Assist with the interview process when requested
- Monitor and notify the Assistant Director of staff training needs (ie. Renewals, etc.) in accordance to Hostel policy
- Keep UltiPro of all sick days, vacations days, lieu and stat days taken by each staff
- Assist with staff training in accordance with Shelter policy as requested
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Social Services Worker Diploma and minimum of 5 years’ experience in homeless sector, including experience in a residential setting
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Toronto Shelter Standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Second language an asset
- Certification in First Aid/CPR, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Computer Skills
- Ability to work within the mandate of the Mission of The Salvation Army in a professional manner exemplifying Christian standards of conduct
Successful candidate will be required to provide upon hiring:
- A Valid Criminal Record Check
- A clean drivers abstract
- Participate in our online Armatus Abuse Training and Health and Safety training required upon hiring, as well as updated annually
HOURS: 40 hours per week with on call; evenings and weekends as scheduled
SALARY: $38,480 - $48,089 per year
Interested applicants are asked to contact Darryl Kinnear by June 21, 2019
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 6965 ]