Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Care Management & Intake Specialist
Care Management & Intake Specialist
Toronto, Ontario , M5A 2G7
To people who believe that every person is of value and has promise, YSM is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading an infectious movement -- going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving. Our goal is to end chronic poverty in Toronto in one generation.
We are seeking a Family Services Care Management & Intake Specialist who will be responsible to work closely with families that are involved with child protection services. This role is a 1 year pilot project working closely with Children’s Aid Society. The focus is to work collaboratively in a holistic framework with families and all stakeholders to ensure they reach positive outcomes towards family stability. Must be well versed in Anti-Black Racism and Anti-Oppressive Framework.
Reporting to the Director of Family Services the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Utilizing our RISE Model of Care (Respond, Invite, Support, and Engage) to provide a full wrap-around system of support through partnerships, collaboration and advocacy.
- Working closely with parents to mitigate admission of children into the child welfare system which includes:
- Frequently working out of the Children’s Aid Office to provide consult around solutions to decrease the admission of children into care from the African Canadian and Caribbean Communities
- Maintaining a caseload of approximately 15 families within the African Diaspora
- Conduct Intake and assign the appropriate Care Manager
- Facilitating /attending care conferences
- Risk mitigation utilizing work action plans in conjunction with signs of safety
- Program accountability, including reporting targets and allocation of resources
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training:
- MSW/BSW or equivalent certifications with minimum 2 years’ experience
- Able to work with diverse people/families & groups, within a multi-faith, multi-cultural, anti-oppressive and Anti-Black racism framework
- Ability to make analytical decisions around care management and program delivery
- A demonstrated passion for poverty alleviation and families in crisis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel around the city to assist with families’ appointments and work closely with Children’s Aid Society of Toronto (CAST) Team
- Must have strong administrative and computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Skilled at preparing, delivering and facilitating workshops
- A police check will be required/First Aid & CPI training is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values
- Able to provide flexibility in schedule where required
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Deadline for Application: June 21, 2019
Starting Date: To be discussed
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about The Yonge Street Mission by visiting our website: www.ysm.ca
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6967 ]