Third annual two day leadership conference for individuals of all ages who work in youth ministry settings whether in the Church or the marketplace from November 15 to 16 this year. The conference will include a mixture of main and breakout sessions on topics of relevance both to youth workers and their students.
Volunteer Intake Specialist
Volunteer Intake Specialist
Hamilton , Ontario , L8L 4J5
Are you committed to the development of children and youth living in low-income communities? Are you committed to making a difference through great programs for children and youth? CityKidz is looking for a Volunteer Intake Specialist to join their team. The ideal candidate will be positive, energetic and a highly capable individual with a strong background in coordinating volunteers and a demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams. They will have experience, passion, and insight into the needs and issues affecting children and families living in poverty, in Canada.
As the Volunteer Intake Specialist, you will report directly to Coordinator of Volunteer Development. You will be a member of our dynamic Volunteer Development Team. You will give expert oversight to all aspects of the Volunteer Intake Process from the time an individual indicates interest up until they have been placed on a team. You will work in a fast paced, energetic and enthusiastic office environment where you will have the opportunity to show and grow your leadership skills as both a self-directed and a dynamic team player.
In Canada, more than 1 in 7 children live in poverty; in Hamilton, it's 1 in 4. For generations, poverty has stolen dreams and destroyed futures. At CityKidz, we think it’s time to change that, and we're looking for committed people who work with us to help kids “Dream big Dreams” and reach their full potential. CityKidz is a non-profit, Christian organization dedicated to increasing resiliency and inspiring big dreams for Canadian children living in low-income communities by providing inspirational experiences and nurturing personal relationships, one child at a time.
Children and youth between the ages of three to sixteen are bused in from Hamilton’s most vulnerable neighborhoods to experience dynamic, life-changing programs. Relationships and mentoring are at the core of our programs and, as part of our program model, we engage in home visits to connect with the families.
Working with the Coordinator of Volunteer Development & HR, the Volunteer Intake Specialist oversees all steps of the Volunteer Intake Process from the time an individual indicates interest up until they have been placed in their volunteer role.
1. Volunteer Recruitment
- Contributes to the development of volunteer recruitment strategies
- Oversees the creation and distribution of recruitment materials
2. Data Entry
- Oversees and maintains accuracy and completeness of volunteer information data base
3. Volunteer Orientation
- Schedules and leads new volunteer orientation training
- Engages prospective volunteers and connects them to the CityKidz mission, vision and values
4. Volunteer Screening
- Evaluates volunteer applications
- Completes thorough reference checks and ensures up-to-date Criminal Record Screening
5. Volunteer Placement
- Liaises between new volunteers and the appropriate program coordinator to facilitate a strong start in volunteer roles
7. Volunteer Events
- Supports the implementation of Volunteer events, appreciation and retention
- Encourages volunteers to demonstrate CityKidz values and ethos in all they do
The Volunteer Intake Specialist will be thoroughly committed to CityKidz values, mission, and vision. This position requires program delivery, leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete, demonstrable experiences and other qualifications include:
- post-secondary education in a related field or previous experience scheduling or training volunteers
- experience with presentations to large groups of diverse people
- self-leadership and committed to personal development
- analytical and problem-solving skills
- ability to produce reports with professionalism
- excellent computer skills primarily working with a database, Microsoft Office and multimedia software
- strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
- valid Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation an asset
Full-time contract position, $32,000 - $35,000 annual compensation, free parking, good location, great team plus a benefit plan after three months.
CityKidz also offers paid time off over Christmas to the New Year, a day off for your birthday, Easter Monday and an extra day off at Thanksgiving.
Hours would include Saturdays during March – June, and September – December as well as occasional evenings.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to laura@citykidz with the subject: Volunteer Intake Specialist Application
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. For more information about CityKidz, please visit www.citykidz.ca
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6968 ]