Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Fonthill, Ontario , L0S 1E4
Anticipated Start Date of January 2020
We are seeking a full-time Lead Pastor for an initial two-year contract who will work with us to define our hopes and dreams into an achievable plan that reflects our values, our desire to follow Jesus example of love of God and neighbour, outreach and compassionate service and build a community that is an expression of vibrant faith. Beyond our own church body, we have a heart to share the Good News with the broader community and be faithful servants who reach out to others with a compassionate Gospel message.
We are told by those who visit us on a Sunday morning or join us for special events that we are a very warm and welcoming congregation who embrace newcomers and offer them a place that will nurture and invest in their spiritual health and growth.
We know what's important to us: excellent Biblical teaching that is relevant, challenging and engaging, has application to our daily lives and creates connection between Sunday teaching and other programs and activities; invigorating and welcoming home church life groups; outreach to touch our broader community with the Gospel message including opportunities to demonstrate compassionate care beyond our own church family; programs that align with our longer-term objectives and make the most efficient and effective use of limited financial resources; volunteer teams who are motivated and well-equipped to deliver with excellence; leadership that respects and reflects good stewardship of the people and resources entrusted to us.
We are excited about the opportunities and possibilities available during this time of discovering and renewal. The initial challenge will be to work with us through a time of transition to co-create a vision, new direction and plan for the future. If you're comfortable working with us to meet our immediate, short-term needs while defining a bigger picture plan to create growth and long-term health then we hope you will give this opportunity prayerful consideration.
You will find our values statement at www.pelhamfriends.ca/values
- An authentic and vibrant faith in Jesus Christ, led by the Holy Spirit, that is reflected in a God-directed life;
- A gift and love of teaching and sharing the Word, creating engaging and applicable messages that inspite and connect with a multi-generational congregation and nurture spiritual health and growth;
- The ability to develop and implement an annual teaching plan and deliver the Sunday message;
- The ability to develop and execute plans with measurable outcomes;
- Pastoral care experience and the ability to build a team of pastoral care volunteers to support our seniors and vulnerable members;
- A skilled relationship builder, communicator and team player;
- The ability to develop timely reports and other information and materials required to support and strengthen the leadership of the church;
- The ability to manage, mentor and provide guidance to a part-time Worship Leader;
- The ability to work with, guide and value the contribution of volunteers;
- A diploma or degree from an accredited school of theology;
- Ordination in a church that aligns with EFC (Evangelical Friends Church) Faith and Practice guidelines and anabaptist tradition. Openness to be credentialed with the EFC-ER (www.efcer.org);
- The ability to provide and maintain a satifactory vulnerable sector check;
- Applicants should be located (or be prepared to be located) in the Niagara Region and preferably with reasonable proximity to the Pelham area.
A full job description will be available on request.
Pelham Friends – Past and Present
Set in the beautiful town of Fonthill on the Niagara escarpment close to parks, conservation areas, lakes, all season recreational activities, as well as diverse neighbourhoods and good schools, we are at the heart of a region that offers something for everyone – www.pelham.ca Pelham Friends Church has been a deep-rooted part of the community of Pelham for over 200 years. We belong to the Evangelical Friends Church denomination (Eastern Region) in the anabaptist tradition.
We are a small, multi-generational church with a heart for deepening our understanding and application of the Word, creating a closer connection with God, one another and our broader community. We offer a single service on Sunday morning that includes teaching, celebration and praise, and live, contemporary and traditional worship music.
Our small but dedicated core church body is motivated to serve, and volunteerism is healthy. We have been challenged financially in recent years and attendance has been affected by a number of factors including an aging demographic in our community. The leadership team is focused on supporting new directions and growth, which include working with the pastor to seek God’s direction, embrace innovation, and move forward into a new future.
To Inquire About or Apply for This Position
Please submit your resume with covering letter stating salary expectations to: Janice Wooster, Pelham Friends Leadership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-388-4049.
We value and appreciate all those who feel called to apply for this position. Those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6971 ]