Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Resident Engagement Worker (Night)
Resident Engagement Worker (Night)
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and British Columbia and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services— food, clothing and housing, and support services—education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
The Mustard Seed is committed to helping people who are homeless transition toward and maintain sustainable and healthy lifestyles. Permanent Supportive Housing at The Mustard Seed provides a safe and supportive environment to all residents. Reporting to the Resident Program Team Lead the Resident Engagement Worker is responsible to ensure the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual well-being of the residents in our Permanent Supportive Housing program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing information resources about services at The Mustard Seed and community supports;
- Completing follow-ups directed from Resident Engagement Day Staff
- Documenting resident interactions, completing incident reports and a daily “Wellness check” report;
- Responding to resident crisis and concerns
- Monitoring resident activity in the 102 and 1010 Building; Monitoring Security Cameras, Walk through;
- Duties related to upkeep of items used by residents
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma or an undergraduate degree;
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with marginalized individuals;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a cross-functional team;
- The ability to interact with a variety of individuals
- Strong administrative and computer skills;
- Conflict resolution skills and ability to manage residents in crisis situations.
- This is a 3 Months Contract position (with possibility of extension) – 10:30PM – 7:15AM
- Shifts are 5 days a week, Sunday – Thursday or Tuesday – Saturday
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a good EFAP and Health Spending Account benefit for the staff. We embrace the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6972 ]