Director of Marketing & Communications: The Director is passionate about marketing & communications and higher education. They understand and are skilled in print, radio and online promotion strategies, including social media platforms. They are able to lead a team towards objectives while actively participating in the implementation of executables.
Children's Ministry Director
Children's Ministry Director
Pickering, Ontario , L1V 1A8
We are looking for someone who is interested in Children’s and Youth Ministry and would like practical experience as part of the SPOTH (St. Paul’s on-the-Hill) Community. The focus will remain working in Children’s Ministry, nursery to grade 5, but will also be involved in some aspects of Youth Ministry. This position works in conjunction with the Children’s and Youth Ministry Team which consists of the Children’s and Youth Administrator and the Youth Pastor.
Part-time: 10 hours/week August-June 2019
Start Date: July 24, 2019
Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Submit cover letter explaining your experience and resume in PDF format to:
Dee James, Youth Pastor
- Expected to plan, prepare, implement, set up and clean up Kids Church(nursery to grade 5) for both the 9:00 and 11:00 AM Sunday Services.
- Expected to plan, prepare, implement, set up and clean up Ground Zero(grades 2-5) on Thursdays from 6:45-8:00 PM.
- Expected to plan, prepare, implement, set up and clean up KidsZone(pre-k-grade 5), a monthly Saturday program.
- Attend and lead volunteer training with the Children’s and Youth Ministry Team.
- Assist with special children’s and youth events such as Christmas Production, Christmas Eve Service, fundraisers, March Break Camp, Good Friday Production, Easter Egg Hunt, Church BBQ, etc. as well as key church services such as Easter. Be an active role in church life.
- Mentor both adult volunteers and members of Student Leadership in their roles.
- Build positive relationships with parents of children and youth.
- Abide by the Anglican Diocese of Toronto and parish policies including sexual misconduct training and screening policies.
- Minimum completed High School
- Previous experience with children and youth.
- Some previous experience programming children’s and youth programs.
- Have good computer skills with the following:
- Office 365
- Knowledge of Easy Worshipis an asset but not required
- The ability to work independently to create programs based off current curriculums chosen by the Children’s and Youth Ministry team. Most curriculums are digital and must be able to work off the curriculum database or downloadable PDF files.
- Willingness and ability to learn existing A/V equipment and set up.
Youth Ministry Apprenticeship Program
This role is part of the Youth Ministry Apprenticeship Program with the Anglican Diocese of Toronto. Along with the above, the successful candidate will participate in the following:
- Required readings
- 1-2 required retreats
- Bi-weekly mentoring with the SPOTH Children’s and Youth Staff
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 6975 ]