Pickering, Ontario , L1W 3R6
Pickering Pentecostal Church is seeking to hire custodial staff for our facilities team. The ideal candidate(s) will have good working knowledge of building cleaning and maintenance, as well as the ability to lift, push and pull 25-55lbs. The work will involve day, evening, and weekend shifts. Our organization is open 7 days a week throughout the year, and on various holidays, therefore the candidate(s) may be required to work occasional holidays.
- Preferably has WHMIS certification, and willing to obtain.
- Required to complete a Police Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Previous cleaning and maintenance experience is an asset.
- The ability to lift, push and pull 25-55 lbs (May be asked in certain circumstances to assist with heavier items).
- Self-starter who takes initiative and has an eye for detail, able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Team player, strong interpersonal and time management skills, teachable and able to take direction.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, as some tasks involve working with desktop or web-based software (email, google calendar, etc.)
- Aerial lift platform and fall protection certification an asset, or willing to obtain.
- CPR and first aid training an asset, and willing to obtain.
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals, products, and equipment.
- Flexible for last minute shift changes, holiday work schedules, or "all-hands on deck" events.
- Cleaning: Cleaning will involve working with various approved chemicals. Duties will include sweeping, mopping, dusting, glass/window cleaning, vacuuming, garbage removal, washroom cleaning, and office cleaning.
- Repairs and Maintenance: General building repairs and maintenance, as well as occasional gardening and outdoor maintenance, including shoveling and salting, as well as parking lot and lawn clean up.
- Building Opening and closing: While on duty, the custodian will be responsible to ensure that the parking lot, overall building, and individual rooms are unlocked or locked at appropriate times.
- Event set-ups: The custodian shall ensure that rooms are set-up appropriately. Some events may require setting up and tearing down tables, chairs, and other furniture. They may also be required to set up A/V equipment and adjust thermostats and fans in the building.
- Health and Safety: Follow company policies, procedures, and safety practices. Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner. Safely operate a variety of tools and equipment when necessary. Reports the need for maintenance, repairs, and safety or fire hazards. Ensures that all accidents and hazards are reported to the supervisor immediately.
- Additional Duties: This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. You may be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
Please apply by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pickering Pentecostal Church is affiliated with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6997 ]