The Toronto Children's Ministry Conference is a gathering of people who are dedicated to the spiritual growth of children, parents, church volunteers and ministry leaders. Join us on Saturday, November 2nd, for engaging and practical workshops that will equip and inspire you!
Front Line Supervisor
Front Line Supervisor
Red Deer, Alberta
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and British Columbia and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services—food, clothing and housing, and support services—education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
The Mustard Seed helps improve the lives of people experiencing poverty by building community, growing hope and supporting change. Through enhanced visibility, relationship building, and community outreach, the departments in Basic Services strive to make the Red Deer ministry center a safe and welcoming environment for guests, donors and volunteers. The Front Line Supervisor provides supervision to the Street Level and Shelter teams in Red Deer and is accountable for its significant part in the overall ministry.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide supervision to the Street Level team during the day and Shelter team overnight in the completion of their daily responsibilities within the Red Deer ministry center
- Provide spiritual oversight to the Street Level and Shelter teams by supporting staff and facilitating regular devotionals with the team
- Provide oversight in the very important work of building trusted relationships with the most vulnerable citizens in Central Alberta who access the programs and services at The Mustard Seed
- Supervise building access, security of the property both internal and external, the receiving and receipt of donations
- Plan and execute programming that will engage our guests that offers fellowship, hope and healing
- Lead both Street Level and Shelter teams in Intakes and subsequent Basic Case Management, including the orchestration of appropriate internal and external referrals
- Oversee and encourage ongoing access to Clinical and other Wellness-related programming.
- Train, supervise, schedule, and evaluate the team, promoting professional development through effective praise and purposeful feedback
- Facilitate annual performance reviews of all the team members
- Build, execute and deliver programming in consultation with the Manager of Clinical Operations & Programs on providing to our most vulnerable citizens in Red Deer
- Monitor guest activities within the Red Deer ministry center and around the building, providing crisis intervention as required
- Ensure the team maintains an enhanced visible presence across the property, perceiving and responding to opportunities that will optimize safety, and build community
- Greet and ensure volunteers and donors are treated with excellence and appreciation
- Participate in all staff training (e.g. First Aid, SafeTALK, Nonviolence) and attend monthly general meetings and support meetings with supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma preferred
- 2+ years of supervision or managerial experience
- Ministry experience considered a strong asset—experience working in a Frontline capacity
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills essential
- Ability to provide positive & critical feedback
- Knowledge and experience working mental health issues and addictions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Desire to serve in a Christian ministry and to be in a place to provide spiritual oversight of the team • Strong desire to work with a marginalized population
- Experience working with volunteers
- This position is a permanent full-time role that requires flexibility in hours including daytime and evening hours: Hours to be discussed but will include shifts ending at 4pm, 8pm and 10pm
- This position requires the occasional availability to work and support The Mustard Seed events on weekends;
- This position will require working inside and outside in various climates, and will involve moderate levels of physical effort, including but not limited to, standing for long periods, walking, climbing stairs, bending, lifting, and pushing donation carts
- This position requires moderate amounts of mental effort with periods of busy times
- Adapting to an often fast-paced environment, operating a computer, using two-way radio communications, perceiving and quickly responding to crises within and around The Mustard Seed
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page.
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and wellness days. We embrace the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 7013 ]