Full Time Senior Pastor
Full Time Senior Pastor
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan , S7L5J7
Saskatoon Evangelical Free Church is a 40-year-old congregation in the West end of Saskatoon. Our average attendance is 75-100 and we are blessed with a sanctuary that seats 300 in a newer multi-purpose building with a gymnasium and a Youth Ministry Centre. We have an active membership in a wide demographic from infant to seniors.
We are looking for a man with a personal relationship with God who is a man after God’s own heart and more than anything and continuously seeks spiritual growth while inspiring others to live faithful lives. The following character traits are valued by the SEFC congregation:
- Personal Character – A man who adheres to Godly values in personal and professional life, demonstrating a pattern of commitment to his spouse and family.
- Leadership – A strong leader with the ability to motivate others and seeks ways to welcome new people into the community of Christ.
- Relationship Skills – Has the ability to communicate effectively in individual and group settings, but also be an active listener. He must be willing to encourage and correct by speaking the truth in love knowing that the leadership will support him as a team.
- Organizational Skills – Has the ability to make decisions in a professional manner with the involvement of others as appropriate, while transferring responsibilities to others where needed to use the gifts of others effectively.
The future pastor of SEFC must clearly exemplify these qualities while being able to passionately hold to the mission and values of SEFC and encourage the current and future ministries God has planned for the church and community.
Training and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible School/Seminary
- 10-15 years as an associate and/or lead pastor
- Ordained by Evangelical Free Church or qualified to be ordained
- In full agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of the Evangelical Free church
- In full agreement with the Constitution and By-Laws of SEFC.
- To be gifted with discernment, “the ability to see and understand people, things or situations clearly and intelligently.” He must process wisdom, James 1, 5 “If any of you lack wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given
- Must be a man of prayer who truly believes and acts in regard to the importance and effectiveness of prayer.
- Must believe in the power and in the inerrant word of God as an expository preacher. “Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage with great patience and careful instruction.” 2 Timothy 4:2.
- Must be Christ Centered.” If I be lifted up, I shall draw all people unto me. “John 12,32.
- Must desire and encourage true worship where the congregation may enter into the true presence of God.
- Must be and encourager who recognizes gifting and believes in empowering of various ministries to their full potential.
- Must desire to evangelize and to equip the church to evangelize the community and into the world.
- Must have the desire to come alongside other like-minded churches to facilitate unity among the brethren and to further the kingdom of God.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 7020 ]