Youth and Outreach Minister
Youth and Outreach Minister
cambridge, Ontario , N3H 3M9
Trillium United Church (Trilliumchurch.ca) is a contemporary, intergenerational community of Christian faith trying to make a difference - locally, nationally and internationally. Our mission is to awaken the Christ light in each other and shine it in the world.
Trillium is seeking a personable team member, who has a Christ-centered faith and practices it in their daily life, to lead our youth and outreach ministries.
- 30 hours per week
- One-year contract (Sept.1, 2019 – Aug. 31, 2020)
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Reports to the Children & Youth Ministry Team and the Social Concerns and Outreach Team
- Approximate time allocation: Christian Development 65%, Outreach Ministry 20%, Administration and Organization 10%, Worship 5%.
- Build and nurture healthy, supportive relationships with our children, youth, young adults, parents, and their families. Foster relationships within the youth groups and create opportunities for intergenerational connections.
- In consultation and oversight with the Minister of Worship, Sacrament and Pastoral Care (Minister of W,S&PC) and the Children & Youth Ministry Team, identify and deliver outstanding Bible based curriculum for Sunday programming. Coordinate and deliver Sunday morning programming for ages 3-19, oversee lay leadership for ages 0-3 and consistently teach and reinforce Trillium’s Bedrock Beliefs and Core Values.
- Execute on the delivery of year-round mid-week programming for children, youth, and families, 2-3x/month. Nurture lay leaders to assist. Programs to be fun and have a core of spiritual education.
- Facilitate Trillium's participation in local community outreach as well as global outreach and social justice activities. As a member of the Social Concerns and Outreach Team (SC&O) support the integration of youth programming into larger Trillium justice/outreach initiatives. With the direction from SC&O, make and maintain connections with community social agencies.
- In consultation and oversight with the Minister of W,S&PC, provide age appropriate materials for youth leadership in Intergeneration Worship Services, approx. 4-6x/yr. Lead and facilitate youth leadership at Trillium’s 7pm Christmas Eve Family Service. Work collaboratively with the Minister of W,S&PC and the Music Director to include children and youth in Sunday worship where applicable.
- In consultation and oversight with the Minister of W,S&PC, deliver an Inquirers Program (Confirmation).
- Attend team meetings and staff meetings as required for the on-going work of the church. Work collaboratively with the Marketing Team to promote programming events.
- Facilitate young adult programming as needed.
The successful candidate will:
- Relate well with children and youth, possessing both a sense of humour and a pastoral nature
- Place a high priority on engaging, children and youth friendly learning
- Consistently connect the Biblical message to current events and justice issues in ways that children and youth can embrace
- Provide children, youth, young adults and families with creative programming using the arts
- Have the ability to promote Christian Development programs
- Provide leadership, training, support and encouragement for lay leaders to ensure their success in carrying out children and youth programs, and outreach activities in the community
- Engage children, youth and young adults in visible and meaningful roles in worship
- Build and maintain relationships with other staff members
Candidates will provide a cover letter and resume to Marie Sitler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 7042 ]