Gift Processing Assistant
Gift Processing Assistant
Toronto, Ontario , M5S2H1
Department: Public Relations
Work Location: 502 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, ON M5S 2H1
Status: Full Time Contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract Dates: August 19, 2019 to January 24, 2020 (possibility of an extension)
Established in 1941, The Scott Mission is a Christian ministry serving the poor of our community. Currently we are looking to fill the position of Gift Processing Assistant within the Public Relations department. The successful candidate will be part of a committed and dynamic staff community living out Christian faith through our ministry of compassion and love. Inspired by the Biblical story of the Good Samaritan, we serve the urban poor, motivated by our calling to show God’s love to all.
- Have a solid and vibrant Christian faith. Regular attendance at a recognized church or worshipping community.
- Hold a solid understanding of Christian ministry and application.
- Agree with and support The Scott Mission’s Christian Statement of Faith, Goals, Objectives, Conduct Policy and Philosophy of Ministry.
- Has experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database, specifically data entry, gift batching and receipting.
- Knowledge of CRA tax receipting guidelines.
- Proficient in MS Office and comfortable working extensively with computers
- Is detail-oriented and can enter information with accuracy and speed
- Has impeccable telephone etiquette
- Respects the confidentiality and privacy of donors
- Is flexible in a team environment and is a team player
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- Superb command of the English language (both written and oral)
- Affinity for working in a medium-sized non-profit, charitable environment
- Enter all gifts in batch entry and generate tax receipts and acknowledgement letters for donors
- Assist in preparing cash and cheques for deposit by batch, and produce appropriate documentation for Finance
- Create records for new donors and make necessary changes to existing donor records in fundraising database
- Answer phone calls courteously and take donations over the phone and respond to donor inquiries
- Support the Development team in day-to-day activities
- Make Donor stewardship phone calls
- Other duties as assigned
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com detailing how you meet the job requirements.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 7047 ]