Hamilton, Ontario , L8R 1M8
Reporting to the Community Project Director, the Office Assistant will be responsible for managing the front desk and handling organizational and administrative support tasks. This may include but not be limited to: organizing files, scheduling appointments, data entry, donor management, proofreading, receiving clients and other duties, depending on the needs of Atwell at the time.
Qualifications and Capabilities
The successful candidate will exhibit the following:
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual integrity
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and Policies of the Centre
- Be self-motivated, dependable, and responsible
- Handling incoming calls and other communications.
- Managing filing system.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Prepare outgoing mail for distribution.
- Monitor incoming emails and answer or forward as required.
- Recording information as needed.
- Greeting clients and visitors as needed.
- Updating paperwork, maintaining documents and word processing.
- Update and maintain internal staff and volunteer contact lists.
- Type documents, reports and correspondence.
- Co-ordinate and organize appointments and meetings.
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Coordinating and implementation of centre events.
- Maintaining supply inventory.
- Maintaining office equipment as needed.
- Aiding with client reception as needed.
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
- Fax, scan and copy documents.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining office common areas.
- Minimum 2-year diploma, with a business administration focus.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience as an office assistant or in a related field.
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
- Social media and digital marketing skills would be an asset.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Great communication skills.
- Have a valid driver license.
- Reports to Community Project Director
- Part Time; 20 hours/week
- Start Date September 2, 2019
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 7055 ]