The Toronto Children's Ministry Conference is a gathering of people who are dedicated to the spiritual growth of children, parents, church volunteers and ministry leaders. Join us on Saturday, November 2nd, for engaging and practical workshops that will equip and inspire you!
Director of Family Ministries
Director of Family Ministries
Mississauga, Ontario , L5C 1E7
The director of family ministries is responsible to lead, develop and direct all aspects of the ministry to children and youth (ages 0-18), and to the parents and/or guardians at Erindale Bible Chapel (EBC). This includes the recruitment and training of personnel and the oversight of all ministries pertaining to children, youth, and their families.
Hours: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to all aspects of ministry to children, youth, and their families;
- Provide direction for all ministries to children and youth which currently includes:
- Weekly Sunday KidZone ministry (children’s Sunday school)
- Weekly youth ministry (middle school and high school)
- Weekly kids club (September to May)
- Summer day camp (Just for Kids Day Camp)
- Provide a safe environment in the above ministries where children and youth will feel welcome;
- Facilitate the spiritual nurturing of children and the spiritual formation of youth;
- Recruit, train and equip ministry teams of leaders and other volunteers;
- In conjunction with other pastoral leaders at Erindale Bible Chapel, act as a resource to assisting parents with spiritual nurturing at home;
- Develop and maintain communication with parents of children and youth attending EBC ministry programs;
- Select and/or develop biblical teaching curriculum for students;
- Provide input to budget committee on budget needs for children’s and youth ministry;
- To administer and maintain Plan to Protect;
- Participate in training opportunities related to leadership in children and youth ministry;
- Participate in regular meetings with other staff members and other church ministry leaders as may be required.
- A mature follower of Jesus Christ with character consistent with the character qualifications for church leadership (1Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9);
- Be committed to the authority of Scripture and the conviction of the central role of the Word of God in the discipleship of believers;
- Must have a clear commitment to the local church and a track record of faithful service;
- Must possess the appropriate ministry training, education, skills, and experience to lead ministries to children and youth;
- Be able to effectively implement and teach biblical curricula to children and teens, accommodating differing learning styles, ages, abilities, and cultural backgrounds;
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Must be a self-starter, having initiative and evident passion for serving the Lord by serving others;
- Have a teachable attitude, and be able to work in harmony with others;
- Can endorse without reservation the Erindale Bible Chapel Statement of Faith and Practices.
Education and Experience:
- Must have experience leading others in a ministry setting or organization;
- Have been actively involved with children, and/or youth, and/or family ministry in a local church for 5+ years (paid or volunteer);
- At a minimum, having completed (or nearing completion) of a post-secondary education program of study in a discipline relevant to this position (e.g. theology, biblical studies, education, children’s ministries, etc.).
If this full-time position challenges and inspires you, please send your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This role description is not intended to be exhaustive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the on-going needs of the church.
Erindale Bible Chapel is an independent church founded on, and governed by, the Word of God. It has been in the community of Erindale in Mississauga, Ontario for over 50 years. We are disciples of Jesus who make disciples of Jesus, with a commitment to building up and equipping God’s people to carry out the Lord’s purposes in our community and around the world.
Erindale Bible Chapel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 7059 ]