The Toronto Children's Ministry Conference is a gathering of people who are dedicated to the spiritual growth of children, parents, church volunteers and ministry leaders. Join us on Saturday, November 2nd, for engaging and practical workshops that will equip and inspire you!
Digital Marketing Specialist - Fixed Term
Digital Marketing Specialist - Fixed Term
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and British Columbia and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services— food, clothing and housing, and support services—education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
The Mustard Seed seeks to grow its digital marketing and fundraising program by investing in year-round digital campaigns including digital ads (Google, Facebook etc.), social media, email marketing and other strategic marketing initiatives. This position will work as part of a high-functioning marketing and fundraising team to develop digital marketing strategies, and will champion the execution of those strategies with the goal of raising awareness and funds in support of The Mustard Seed’s mission and vision.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage digital ad campaigns year-round using all available tools (Google Search/Display, Geo-fencing, Remarketing, Facebook Ads / Boosts, etc.), with a goal of increasing online donation revenue by 20% in the first year in the role.
- Pull reports from Google Analytics and Salesforce CRM to demonstrate the effectiveness of campaigns, and make recommendations to improve future performance.
- Optimize ongoing ad campaigns on a daily/weekly basis (e.g. developing new keyword strings for use in Google Search campaigns).
- Working with the Annual Giving and Marketing & Communications teams, manage and execute the annual email marketing plan, including using MailChimp to build, test and deploy emails to targeted audience segments.
- Plan and implement marketing automation strategies that will support conversion at different stages of the donor lifecycle.
- Explore, develop and execute lead generation strategies to grow The Mustard Seed’s online audience for email and social media.
- Manage content updates to The Mustard Seed’s website, by overseeing the vendor relationship with an external web developer, clearly communicating needs as defined by The Mustard Seed’s Marketing & Communications team.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- University degree or equivalent experience in marketing, fundraising, analytics, or a closely related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience executing strategic marketing / digital marketing campaigns in a professional capacity.
- A curious and inquisitive mind that seeks to continuously improve performance and results
- A heart to help eliminate homelessness and poverty in Alberta and Western Canada
- A strong personality, able to develop ideas and stick with them through to execution
- Experience working on a broad range of digital marketing platforms is required (Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Hootsuite, MailChimp, Wordpress, social platforms, etc.)
- Analytical skills to be able to pull campaign performance reports and independently diagnose what went well and what needs to be improved in the next campaign (and why).
- Strong administrative skills and experience with MS Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel in particular)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- A real team player who thinks about team success before personal achievement
- This is a fixed term contract position till March 2020 with possibility of extension
- This job takes place in an office environment, primarily seated at a desktop computer, with frequent meetings in Calgary and in locations across Alberta (occasional travel may be required).
- Minimal physical effort is required to perform this role on a daily basis, with moderate physical effort required for travel within Calgary.
- A high level of mental focus is generally required to maintain quality standards and to generate new ideas on a regular basis that support the goals of the position and the organization
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 7064 ]