The Toronto Children's Ministry Conference is a gathering of people who are dedicated to the spiritual growth of children, parents, church volunteers and ministry leaders. Join us on Saturday, November 2nd, for engaging and practical workshops that will equip and inspire you!
Youth Ministries Intern
Youth Ministries Intern
Hamilton , Ontario , L8P2M4
Melrose United Church has an exciting opportunity for a student seeking experience in Youth Ministry and Leadership. The primary focus of the Youth Ministry Intern Position is to proactively serve the youth and families of Melrose United Church through administration, teaching, and relationship building.
Reports to: Family Ministries Coordinator
Type of position: Unpaid Internship (Fall School Term)
Hours per week: Up to 10
- Flexible office hours with the opportunity to work partly from home
- Mandatory Sunday Mornings
- Occasional Friday evenings for Youth related special events
Melrose’s Vision is to respond to God’s call by being a people of faith who open our hearts and minds to the true power and love of Jesus Christ.
We live our faith by providing within our changing community a welcoming environment which encourages people of all ages to care for and accept one another.
Duties and Responsibilities
- With the support of the Family Ministries Coordinator, develop and implement a weekly Sunday morning program for Youth ages 12 and up.
- Active involvement in All-Ages Family Ministries events
- Facilitate at minimum one monthly youth group activity
- Assist with the implementation of confirmation program/classes
- Attend meetings as required
- Maintain a safe environment for all participants
- Demonstrate effective understanding of confidentially
- Foster a sense of community among youth through relationship building
- Advertise programs and events through e-mail, bulletin, website and various social media channels
- Accurately keep record of expenses from the Youth Ministry budget
Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for working with Youth in a Ministry position
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, and also independently
- Comfortable using computer software programs (Microsoft Word etc.)
- Current Vulnerable Screening Police Check
- Previous experience working with youth considered an asset
- Must be able to provide own transportation
All applicants must work within the United Church of Canada’s Guidelines. Please see the following link for more information: https://www.united-church.ca/news/manual-2019-now-online
Interested applicants can submit a resume to:
Meg Chalmers, Family Ministries Coordinator Melrose United Church
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 7076 ]