Full Time Front Line Worker
Full Time Front Line Worker
Toronto, Ontario , M5C 2H4
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
- Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
- Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
- Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary
To support the everyday operations of The Gateway shelter, to build relationships with Gateway residents and Community Members, and to positively contribute to the Frontline Staff team.
- Admit and discharge residents as required
- Facilitate intake and triage processes for residents by taking required information, provide any requested information, orient residents to hostel regulations and schedules as well as all available services
- Ensure resident admission and discharge information is recorded in appropriate places
- Assist with supervision of residents
- Provide support, assistance and encouragement to residents
- Perform all necessary clerical duties for documentation, including SMIS, Hostel Registry, Triage, log book entries, and all other required forms
- Make necessary referrals to case management department or pastoral care
- Sort and process resident mail on a daily basis, stamp and distribute all mail; redirect all mail for residents who are no longer at Gateway
- Report all building problems to the Environmental Services Coordinator
- Ensure all donations received after business hours are received and processed according to policy
- Ensure that all telephone calls are dealt with appropriately
- Enforce agency rules and expectations consistently
- Arrange for wake-up calls for residents who request them
- Night shifts are responsible for bed checks; to document all necessary ‘Beds Not Used’
- Store and properly document all residents’ belongings who have booked out.
- All shifts will make regular rounds throughout building; including walking through the dormitory and bathrooms
- Maintain a clean a welcoming atmosphere
- To perform all other related duties as required by management
- High School graduate with some further education in the social sciences field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and understanding of homelessness, addictions and mental health
- Basic computer and clerical skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to function as a team member
- Certification in CPR/First Aid and Crisis Intervention
- Possess excellent problem solving skills
Successful candidate will be required to provide upon hiring:
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A clean drivers abstract
- Participate in our online Armatus Abuse Training and Health and Safety training required upon hiring, as well as updated annually
Hours: 42 hours per week
Salary: $15.61 - $16.84 per hour
Interested applicants are asked to contact Brad Sider by July 15, 2019
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Counselling
Career ID: [ 7078 ]