Grant Seeking and Stewardship Specialist
Grant Seeking and Stewardship Specialist
Toronto, Ontario , M5A 2G7
Are you a gifted writer with experience crafting compelling major gift proposals, grants and emotive stories that inspire and motivate partnership, collaboration and giving? Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is making transformative change in the lives of people experiencing poverty in our city and we are seeking an ideal candidate who is interested in advancing their career as YSM's Grant Seeking and Stewardship Specialist to attract and inspire major gifts ($5000+) to help YSM achieve its ambitious goal to end chronic poverty in Toronto in one generation.
YSM is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading an infectious movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving.
YSM's Grant Seeking and Stewardship Specialist will use strategic research, persuasive writing and prospecting skills to solicit support for YSM to a range of foundations, corporations and individuals through compelling proposals and grant applications. The role includes preparing well researched stewardship reports and letters of thanks. The Grant Seeking and Stewardship Specialist is a strong and consistent writer who enjoys working both independently and with others. Through exceptional attention to detail, a dedication to powerful communications and competent management of multiple priorities, the Grant Seeking and Stewardship Specialist is committed to the ongoing work of YSM.
As a key member of YSM's Major Gifts team, the Grant Seeking and Stewardship Specialist is responsible for researching and writing grant proposals for foundations, corporations and individuals to earn revenue for YSM. The successful candidate will develop a keen knowledge of all YSM programs and impacts, and the ability to match those with funding opportunities. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to meet and exceed revenue targets by exemplifying the following:
- Effective use of grant and prospect seeking software to identify viable prospects for solicitation
- A keen ability to strategically assess applications and funder priorities, and match YSM projects and objectives to those applications
- Proven experience writing successful grant proposals for foundations, corporations, service clubs and community organizations.
- Ability to seek out and assess opportunities for specific capital projects or unique grants, as approved by the organization.
- Exceptional knowledge of Raiser's Edge Prospect Module with a proven ability to manage an application schedule and the associated deadlines, including timely provision of follow-up reports to funders.
- Ability to manage the renewal and upgrade of multi-year funders
- A deep interest in poverty issues affecting the city of Toronto and the ability to perform effective research to connect our programs and services to the statistics and studies that support YSM's work.
- The ability to build strong internal relationships within YSM in order to capture the inspirational stories which support the creation of compelling, emotive proposals.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in grant writing and communications
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills with a proven ability to write compelling proposals and stewardship reports.
- Proficient communicator, with the ability to communicate key funding priorities in a passionate and compelling manner
- Experience managing a donor pipeline
- Strong working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge Prospect Module or similar CRM database
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Excel; PowerPoint, email and internet applications
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and sound judgement when dealing with donors and volunteers
- Ability to manage people, processes, deadlines and budgets while adhering to policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Superior organizational skills, with strict attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- An excellent listener, resilient and adaptable, ready to roll up sleeves
- Evidence of initiative, tact and diplomacy
- Superior interpersonal skills
- University or College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CFRE designation is an asset
Please send resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please includes “Grant Seeking and Stewardship Specialist” in the subject line and indicating where you heard about the position.
Deadline for application: August 1, 2019
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Learn more about The Yonge Street Mission by visiting our website: www.ysm.ca.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 7079 ]