Kitchener, Ontario , N2E3E3
Monday–Thursday 12-5pm (some flexibility) 20 hours per week
The ideal candidate for this role holds the core beliefs and values of Glencairn MB Church and has strong relational skills. The role consists of providing a range of administrative services to support the pastors, elders, and ministry teams. The ideal candidate has excellent organizational skills and is able to take initiative, work independently, and maintain confidentiality. This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Administration (50%): Greet and direct callers / visitors, fosters a welcoming environment. Sort and distribute incoming mail and email, identify priority items and respond as appropriate. Has familiarity with, or willing to be trained on RockRMS database. Is familiar with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Publisher) and Google Apps (Drive/Docs, Calendar, Email etc). Provide support for children’s ministry with attendance records and Plan to Protect record keeping. Maintain office equipment and supplies (e.g. photocopier, paper) within the allocated budget. Provide support for ministry leaders with various communication requests. Other administrative duties at the discretion of the Lead Pastor.
- Bulletin and Print Material (20%): Prepare church publications, such as weekly bulletin, bulletin inserts, and flyers/posters for distribution within church and at times in community. Compile reports as needed.
- Communication (20%): Maintain church communication systems/policy, including updating website, bulletin boards, church mail files, road sign and information table/shelf. Send out a weekly newsletter to the church using MailChimp. Providing weekly updates to the Church App.
- Facility Rentals and Booking (10%): Coordinate facility bookings with facilities team and maintenance staff, bills and collects rental fees, completes required paper work. Maintain ministry bookings and calendar scheduling.
Agreement with MB Confession of Faith, and Mission and Vision statement of the church. Report to the Lead Pastor. Engage in the life of Glencairn Church.
- Requires a high school diploma with 3+ years related work experience; or a Community College diploma in a related field; or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Organized; structured; team player;
- Graphic design skills an asset
- Self-motivated worker, who can take initiative, and work independently;
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with WordPress an asset
- Able to meet deadlines; skills in time management
Salaried position based on 20 hours per week at $16-17/hr (dependent on qualifications and experience) Two weeks paid vacation, 6 sick days a year (earned at a rate of ½ day per month). May require occasional flexibility in hours due to special events.
Please submit your resume by email to Richard Martens at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include at least three references who may be contacted by the Interview Team, including one each from a pastor (omit if you attend Glencairn Church), a previous employer and a personal reference. The deadline for receiving resumes is August 11, 2019.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 7088 ]