Oshawa, Ontario , L1G 4X4
BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national Christian organization with over 52 stores operating across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to the Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and the Bible League of Canada. These funds are used to establish Literacy Programming, Provide Church Planting Training, Children’s Programming, and to distribute Christian Material (Bibles), in many places around the world. The Stores are operated primarily by dedicated volunteers.
Mission Thrift Oshawa is currently seeking a part-time Driver/Receiver who understands and supports the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada).
The Driver/Receiver will report directly to the store manager in Oshawa.
- Inspecting and Accepting furniture and other donated items - Quality Control
- Connecting/communicating with store manager, and department heads to create effective receiving methods.
- Pick-up and Delivery of specific items; Furniture, Books, Scrap Metal.
- To assist in the store when needed, or on down times when not on the truck. Some roles would include; operating cash, working in the receiving area, sorting/pricing of merchandise, and other duties as assigned by the store manager.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to lift or move furniture, carry and move other store items as needed.
- Excellent Verbal Communication; professional, courteous and respectfully.
- Displays a high level of trustworthiness and integrity.
- Have good conflict resolution skills: Handle issues and information with discretion and appropriate confidentiality.
- Must be able to safely operate our 5-tonne truck in various Canadian weather; Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License, and have a clean driver’s abstract.
Working Conditions and Salary Expectations
This position is a labour intensive role; both within the store and when out on the truck. This position is currently based on 24 hours per week; where a minimum of two Saturdays a month must be worked at the store.
If you feel you have the passion and skill set that would help advance the purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada), we look forward to reading your resume. Please submit your resume to Chris at Oshawa@missionthriftstore.com. This posting will be held until a suitable candidate has been found.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 7094 ]