Program Development Coordinator PT
Program Development Coordinator PT
Medicine Hat, Alberta
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and British Columbia and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services—food, clothing and housing, and support services—education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
Reporting to the Managing Director – Medicine Hat, The Program Development Coordinator will help in building the business plan and strategy for the Medicine Hat location services. This position will work closely with the Programs teams in Calgary and Edmonton to leverage best practices and expertise in the design and delivery of programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Evaluate & Assess Community:
- Collaborate and consult with the Calgary Leadership and Programs teams to evaluate the community needs, the feasibility of our ministry and its impact on the community
- Create the key performance indicators that will be used to monitor the progress and provide measurable metrics to define the objectives for success
- Ongoing assessment will be required to study the impact of our proposed programs and ascertain if we achieve our overall objectives Program Design:
- Collaborate and consult with the Director of Programs - Calgary to ensure the initial services selected for the Medicine Hat operations will be affordable, achievable and provide the appropriate community impact
- Create an operational plan to describe how these services will be delivered, complete with budgetary estimates
- Leveraging the programs teams in Calgary to build processes, schedules, teams and other essential criteria to ensure the chosen services at the Mustard Seed Medicine Hat are delivered with excellence. Program Delivery:
- Maintain, develop and evaluate all service processes and procedures, ensuring that they follow a One Seed vision for consistency and united impact to the community.
- Help to coordinate and participate in special events and projects designed for the Medicine Hat operations and community.
- Ensure collaboration and communications between the leadership teams and fully functioning at the most optimum levels possible during this critical time for the Medicine Hat location.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- An undergraduate degree in business/program management or other related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Previous experience in program development, budget management, and operational success is essential.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in the human services field, with a minimum of two years leading programs and people.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and active in the faith community
- Experience in developing business strategy and planning is an asset.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, diverse environment.
- This is Part Time position
- Adaptability to work a non-traditional work schedule. Travel to other locations will be required frequently in the initial development years.
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page.
The Mustard Seed offers a good EFAP and Health Spending Account benefit for staff. We embrace the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 7099 ]