Third annual two day leadership conference for individuals of all ages who work in youth ministry settings whether in the Church or the marketplace from November 15 to 16 this year. The conference will include a mixture of main and breakout sessions on topics of relevance both to youth workers and their students.
Camp Department Administrator
Camp Department Administrator
Toronto, Ontario , M5S 2H1
Established in 1941, The Scott Mission is a Christian ministry serving the poor of our community. Currently we are looking to fill the position of Department Administrator within the Children, Youth & Camp Ministry department. The successful candidate will be part of a committed and dynamic staff community living out Christian faith through our ministry of compassion and love. Inspired by the Biblical story of the Good Samaritan, we serve the urban poor, motivated by our calling to show God’s love to all.
- Hold a solid and vibrant Christian faith. Regular attendance at a recognized church or worshipping community
- Agree with and support The Scott Mission’s Statement of Faith, Goal and Objectives and Philosophy of Ministry
- Hold a mature, Christian commitment with proven ability and a strong desire to communicate the gospel (based on sound biblical teaching) and able to pray with clients
- Relevant University or College Education
- 2 to 3 years’ experience working with children and youth in a camp environment and year round programs
- A desire to use your area of work as a Christian ministry/witness to those you come in contact with
- Experience in service and / or hospitality fields; demonstrates a heart for service, maintaining in good boundaries, remaining calm, courteous and hospitable at all times
- Ability to carry out work with integrity, respecting confidentiality of Children & Youth.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and administrative skills
- Strong, proven Computer and Media Literacy
- Able to work independently and strongly self-motivated
- Superb command of the English language (both written and oral)
- Comfortable with flexibility in daily routine (i.e. able to change priorities in day as needs demand and willing to participate in other aspects of department as needed)
- Valid G License
- To work within and support The Scott Mission’s Christian Statement of Faith, Goal and Objective
- Provide administrative and media support to the CYC department
- Help in the oversight of the Scott Mission Caledon Retreat Centre
- Responsible for the recruitment and registration of campers and youth program participants
- Receiving and processing all Camper Registrations and Payments
- Responsible for the advertisement and promotion of Scott Mission Camp’s Caledon Retreat Centre
- Responsible for processing all bookings of the Caledon Retreat Centre.
- Provide program support to all CYC and Camp programs.
- Be health & safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
Working locations: Requires travelling both to Toronto and Caledon
Interested Applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to:
The Scott Mission
502 Spadina Ave
Toronto ON M5S 2H1
Attention: Joyce Kiu
Interviews & selection may commence prior to application deadline. Only selected applicants for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 7120 ]