Case Manager (Contract)
Case Manager (Contract)
Toronto, Ontario , M5S 2H1
Established in 1941, The Scott Mission is a Christian ministry serving the poor of our community. Currently we are looking to fill the position of Case Manager within the Men’s Ministry department. The successful candidate will be part of a committed and dynamic staff community living out Christian faith through our ministry of compassion and love. Inspired by the Biblical story of the Good Samaritan, we serve the urban poor, motivated by our calling to show God’s love to all.
- Position: Case Manager
- Department: Men’s Ministry
- Work Location: 502 Spadina Avenue, Toronto
- Contract Status: Contract Full Time
- Hours: 30 hours per week (Saturday and Holidays are regular working days)
- Contract Dates: October 1, 2019 to October 1, 2020
- Have a solid and vibrant Christian faith. Regular attendance at a recognized church or worshipping community.
- Hold a solid understanding of Christian ministry and application.
- Agree with and support The Scott Mission’s Christian Statement of Faith, Goals, Objectives, Conduct Policy and Philosophy of Ministry.
- B.SW or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in case management or hostels.
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills (English written & verbal)
- Able to work well with Men’s Ministry guests including related issues such as homelessness, addictions, mental health, and immigration problems.
- Excellent conflict management skills in interacting in crisis situations
- Team experience, demonstrating a positive environment with fellow colleagues.
- Training such as Crisis Intervention, Food Handlers, CPR and driver’s license is an asset.
- Experience in using Case Management software.
- To work within and support the above Statements (available upon request)
- To show the love and mercy of Christ in your area and ministry (work),
- Responsible for the oversight of client intake and case management including:Create, monitor and implement Case Management Policies in consultation with the MM Director and the MM Program Manager.
- Identify and coordinate orientation, and training needs for the Men’s Ministry staff in reference to case management.
- Define tasks and responsibilities for the MM staff regarding case management.
- Provide support for MM staff members in their direct work with clients.
- Liaise with external agencies, making and accepting community referrals as required as well as cultivating, where possible, useful community contacts.
- Complete statistical data and other reports as required by the Director.
- Serve clients graciously, respectfully, pleasantly and in a dignified manner
- Perform any other related duties as determined by the Supervisor
Interested Applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to:
Interviews & selection may commence prior to application deadline. Only selected applicants for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 7126 ]